Page 663 of 683 FirstFirst ... 163563613653661662663664665673 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 6822

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    We're not likely to be getting those in any time soon. Barrels are serialized parts for the Italians, so it's a whole thing getting them in, and currently pretty much all our output is going into guns with the slimmest backstock currently being earmarked for emergency spares.

Certain LE dealers who are selling LE-only SKUs without checking LE creds or properly marking/informing customers are a MAJOR pain for the commercial side of the business, but as bad as I want to blackball them, our hands are tied for now.

Your best bet will be finding someone in the classifieds who wants to do a straight swap.
    Well, thanks for the much more helpful answer.

I'd just -ideally - rather *not* send off my LE barrel for third-party threading over getting a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by destruya View Post
    Well, thanks for the much more helpful answer.

I'd just -ideally - rather *not* send off my LE barrel for third-party threading over getting a new one.
    I wouldn't recommend 3rd party threading...

Like I said, finding someone with the commercial choked barrel who's interested in a swap will be the best bet. Enough folks actually prefer those since they're not going to change chokes or run cans, so it's one less component to fail, so if you set up a classifieds post on the right sites you should be able to work something out.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

Quote Originally Posted by Centerfire View Post
    I have a 508T. There is a significant feature you left off...it has no white lettering. Otherwise there isn't anything special about the 508T compared to the 507C, materials notwithstanding. I think the screws are probably the weakest link anyway.
    Yep I see that now - no white lettering - so its basically between 7075 housing with lettering and rounded hood, or a squared titanium housing and more stealth lettering - you can probably guess but I think I'll go with the 508T as well!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Yep I see that now - no white lettering - so its basically between 7075 housing with lettering and rounded hood, or a squared titanium housing and more stealth lettering - you can probably guess but I think I'll go with the 508T as well!
    There are some pretty straightforward tutorials on YouTube on how to non-abrasively take the lettering off Holosun optics and give them all the Titanium look.

We're not likely to be getting those in any time soon. Barrels are serialized parts for the Italians, so it's a whole thing getting them in, and currently pretty much all our output is going into guns with the slimmest backstock currently being earmarked for emergency spares.

Certain LE dealers who are selling LE-only SKUs without checking LE creds or properly marking/informing customers are a MAJOR pain for the commercial side of the business, but as bad as I want to blackball them, our hands are tied for now.

Your best bet will be finding someone in the classifieds who wants to do a straight swap.
    Why would you do that? Whats so special about a LE gun?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Why would you do that? Whats so special about a LE gun?
    The following is general industry info, not information unique to Beretta.

SUKs sold under LE programs sometimes have a slightly different configuration, but also importantly have a different financial walk and no MAP enforcement. The intent is to make it as easy as possible for law enforcement and first responders to purchase for IOP or personal use. Commercial dealers have a totally different price structure and are required to follow MAP. When LE dealers go straight to non-credentialed commercial customers and blast that special pricing out on the internet, it messes up the whole market. Commercial dealers cannot compete with those prices (which pisses them off, and that's who all the manufacturers actually have as our initial customers), and the originating manufacturer cannot sustain what is supposed to be special limited-market pricing/margins exceeding it's ratio or shifting the whole consumer market.

Plus (like in this instance) you get customers unknowingly purchasing the LE configuration, which lacks certain features the commercial gun is advertised with, as there was no notation from the seller that the item being purchased was not in fact the standard model. There's no good path for correcting that configuration for the the customer with parts that we just don't have capacity to spare to rectify that decision by the retailer. Also, LE models don't need to conform to 922r, so there are instances when that opens up a potential legal issue for the consumers when they (once again, unknowingly) are buying what's supposed to only be sold under the blue line program.
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

The following is general industry info, not information unique to Beretta.

SUKs sold under LE programs sometimes have a slightly different configuration, but also importantly have a different financial walk and no MAP enforcement. The intent is to make it as easy as possible for law enforcement and first responders to purchase for IOP or personal use. Commercial dealers have a totally different price structure and are required to follow MAP. When LE dealers go straight to non-credentialed commercial customers and blast that special pricing out on the internet, it messes up the whole market. Commercial dealers cannot compete with those prices (which pisses them off, and that's who all the manufacturers actually have as our initial customers), and the originating manufacturer cannot sustain what is supposed to be special limited-market pricing/margins exceeding it's ratio or shifting the whole consumer market.

Plus (like in this instance) you get customers unknowingly purchasing the LE configuration, which lacks certain features the commercial gun is advertised with, as there was no notation from the seller that the item being purchased was not in fact the standard model. There's no good path for correcting that configuration for the the customer with parts that we just don't have capacity to spare to rectify that decision by the retailer. Also, LE models don't need to conform to 922r, so there are instances when that opens up a potential legal issue for the consumers when they (once again, unknowingly) are buying what's supposed to only be sold under the blue line program.
    So theres a 1301 tactical still available to the civilian market and also one thats a LE only version. Ok I misunderstood what you were saying.
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    So theres a 1301 tactical still available to the civilian market and also one thats a LE only version. Ok I misunderstood what you were saying.
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Yeah, the vast majority of 1301 are still commercial spec. That's not going away any time soon. LE spec (units for contract or blue label sales) 1301s are the ones not threaded for chokes.
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

My Aridus next gen stock adapter just arrived! It’s replacing a GGG piece I bought a while back. Thought I’d share the differences between the two.

The Aridus part is made of a polymer where the GGG is metal… I think aluminum?!? The Aridus is has a thinner profile, .45” vs .70” for the GGG. The Aridus is noticeably lighter, but I didn’t bother to weigh them. One great feature of the Aridus is that it completely fills the gap on the under side of the grip.

Now I’m just patiently waiting for Aridus’ new hand guard to be available!

Name:  IMG_2596.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  93.2 KB

Btw, if anyone is in the market for my GGG adapter, pm me.

User Tag List