Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

I sent a VP9 slide to Primary Machine & got it back with the nitride finish two weeks early. I went to the range to zero & I didn’t have to make any adjustments. I’m not sure if this is a service they offer? I didn’t even include my barrel when I shipped it to them. Anyhow, I’m happy.

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    I sent a VP9 slide to Primary Machine & got it back with the nitride finish two weeks early. I went to the range to zero & I didn’t have to make any adjustments. I’m not sure if this is a service they offer? I didn’t even include my barrel when I shipped it to them. Anyhow, I’m happy.
    I think you just got lucky... Their website specifically mentions that you will still need to zero the RDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    For those sending slides to CHPWS, be prepared to wait longer than quoted.
    Can you elaborate? Monday will be day 10 that they have my slide. I have a Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor course next month and definitely need my slide back by end of this month.

Mike

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MAP View Post
    Can you elaborate? Monday will be day 10 that they have my slide. I have a Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor course next month and definitely need my slide back by end of this month.

Mike
    My slide was due back on 8/27, I recieved it today after a few issues and delays.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I think you just got lucky... Their website specifically mentions that you will still need to zero the RDS.
    I guess absurdly / fantastically lucky... I'll take it but I zeroed two RMRs, first a HK OR slide and made some adjustment but was surprised the PM slide was dead nuts and just put one hole into another.

+1 ATEi

Great work.

Highly recommend paying a little extra for a milled dovetail to accommodate suppressor height rear sight forward of the MRDS
    "True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost." -Arthur Ashe

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    507 direct mill with primary machine on a G45, standard height sights visible or must use suppressor height? Don't care if it's bottom 1/5, as long as usable.
    I emailed Primary Machine and they answered very quickly. Suppressor height required.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I have been lurking on this with the intent of dipping my toe in the water soon. My interest would be M&P and not all the providers offer that, so I built this spreadsheet:

Name:  List2.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  77.9 KB

It is probably silly of me, but I always have a comfort level doing business closer to home, so I listed the states.
    I left Zeroed In offa the list, on account of the federal charges and stuff...

Is there a way we should do this better? A sticky or something?

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I’d add C&H Precision.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwswanson View Post
    Primary Machine does cut M&P. They did mine. [URL]https://primarymachine.com/m-p-optic-milling/[URL]
    I was within the edit window so I fixed my error and omission.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 09-24-2020 at 01:06 PM.

I’d add C&H Precision.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have been lurking on this with the intent of dipping my toe in the water soon. My interest would be M&P and not all the providers offer that, so I built this spreadsheet:

Attachment 60867

It is probably silly of me, but I always have a comfort level doing business closer to home, so I listed the states.
    I left Zeroed In offa the list, on account of the federal charges and stuff...

Is there a way we should do this better? A sticky or something?
    Primary Machine does cut M&P. They did mine. [URL]https://primarymachine.com/m-p-optic-milling/[URL]

User Tag List