Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Real life friends who are idiots on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I don't post often and when I do it's usually a life event (like graduation... PR tool) or a link to a song or something relatively neutral.
    I post a lot of self deprecating stuff, like when I do something really stupid I brag about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Minimal guns on my FB as well.
    Yeah, almost none for me. The people that know me know me.

I have managed to survive, thus far, without becoming involved in the book that zucks.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I have managed to survive, thus far, without becoming involved in the book that zucks.
    Me too. I remember when anonymity was a big part of the internet's appeal. And all of those old friends and family members I lost touch with? There's a reason for that.

My wife left Facebook last year because "im tired of losing respect for people" now if i can get her off the other hundred apps she uses. As for me, this forum is the only form of social media I participate in. I think the effects of this new psychologically manipulative form of social media on society are far more serious than people want to admit. Forget locusts and blood oceans, this is the real plague.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by Jakus View Post
    More burning man, less Facebook.

It’s what the world needs.
    I can start of list of people we could burn to improve Facebook.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I've been on a FB break since March or so. The people who were constitutional experts the week prior had suddenly become infectious disease experts. I knew I needed a long term break when I publicly belittled someone on my friend list for sharing what should have been seen as an obviously fake COVID 19 chart that looked like it was made by a 6 year old. I went H-A-R-D in the paint on them too.

When I go back, whenever that is, I will be trimming my friend list down to just people who I actually like. Some of my family won't make the cut. Some of my buddies wives won't make the cut. I'm not gonna feel bad about it either. I used to do the simple unfollow or 30 day snooze but I'm just not gonna do that anymore.

If you have the time, the new documentary on Netflix called the social dilemma is worth the watch.

I'm confused about the title of this thread . . . . I was pretty certain that there isn't anyone BUT idiots on Facebook.

Easy; I don't Facebook.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Picture yourself on your death bed. You are moments away from passing and you start to reflect on you're life in flashes and snippets of time starting from your earliest memories. What do you see? Your children grow up? The time you spent being with and enjoying your spouse? Meaningful time spent with brothers and sisters? Or do you see a phone in front of you're face? People are spending more time in thier waking life on the phone than they are actually living. How much time and attention are we willing to withhold from the people around us? How much time are we willing to cheat ourselves out of with the ones we love? I would give years off my life to have only minutes with some of the loved ones I have lost. I am not willing to throw away time with the people who are still in my life. Just because we are physically in a space with sombody does not mean we are with them.
    We must be present.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I have a facebook account just to see how stupid the potential hires are.

User Tag List