Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: New S&W Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Done.
    Perfect. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I love mine but honest to god just cannot find a time to carry it. It has been always a G17. I worry a little less about printing so I select days when I wear certain pants that suck with AIWB but 99% of the time I cannot make an excuse to carry it.
    Should I PM you my address?

Total NPE environment tonight, I'm not going in without the Shield and a reload.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

Wait til you see what ends up in the mail soon...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Can't wait. BTW I have something for you too, received some more grip wraps and there should be one for you too.

9mm Shield in stock at a friends shop, 16 of them. Likely means they will be hitting the masses soon if not already.

The first shooting sessions I had with it were relatively rushed since I had other guns that I was shooting so the Shield took second or third seat. Thus I didn't shoot the Shield beyond 7 yards.

The last two times I took the Shield shooting I shot it at further distances, and noticed that the gun seemed to be shooting to the left. At 50 feet the gun seemed to shoot about three to four inches left and about four inches low. At 25 yards it seems to be shooting about six to eight inches to the left about seven to eight inches low.

When I tried it again at 7 yards at a 1" dot, I noticed that it seemed to shoot about 2" to the left. I didn't notice this before since I had been previously been shooting at larger targets at that distance which made this issue less noticable.

Now the Shield isn't a full sized gun and it isn't fair to expect it to perform as well as one. The Shield has a short sight radius which at longer distances will magnify any minor sight misallignment. But I was expecting a bit better.

I am wondering what results other people are getting at distances in terms of point of impact.

Update:
    Pulled off a 7 hour NPE environment in cargo shorts and UA Wounded Warrior T shirt with constant movement. And a eye doc appointment that turned into a very good shooting discussion about script safety glasses.

GTG is my verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by ed l View Post
    I am wondering what results other people are getting at distances in terms of point of impact.
    Stock sights seem to be POA/POI out to 25. ASYM Match ammo shot a smidge high, my shots were cutting the top of a 3x5 at 25y.

Mine is a bit sensitive to different bullet weights. 124 grain shoots about 2 inches left at 7y and 115 gr is dead on.

User Tag List