Page 405 of 431 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4310

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by saberwalk View Post
    New member, really appreciating all the good resources and information here. I am the proud owner of a new LTT PX4 CC w/ RDO mount which I will have in hand next Tuesday once the 7-day MD waiting period ends. Trying to plan out all the accessories in the interim so if you could indulge a couple of questions:

1. Does the Streamlight TLR-7 Sub fit with no modification? Saw a reference to it but no further confirmation.
    2. If the TLR-7 Sub does work, is there a compatible holster for it? Also sent an inquiry to Black Rhino Concealment to see if there TLR-7 option is compatible to the sub.
    3. I typically run 124 gr practice and 124 +p defensive loads on all my handguns. Any issues with this? Read the last 150 or so pages of the thread and saw reference to 115 and 147 but don’t recall any specific mention of 124.

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome aboard! Please post your thoughts once you give your pistol a test drive? What hammer spring will you be using? I’ve been running an LTT 11# without failure and PX4 Storm Tracker has also with an impressive round count and without failure. I still, sometimes, get a shit eating grin when either dry firing or running rounds through mine because this pistol is so amazingly, incredibly so freakin sweet. Now that it’s had the LTT RDO 2.0 solution treatment and has a Holo 507c mounted on it that grin is just a bit wider. The rotating barrel design softens the recoil impulse noticeably and flattens the recoil. That should definitely help out with the wrist pain.

Site Supporter
    My LTT PX4 CC and factory PX4C run 124gr ammo nicely especially the GD 124gr +p. Super soft shooting.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Welcome aboard! Please post your thoughts once you give your pistol a test drive? What hammer spring will you be using? I’ve been running an LTT 11# without failure and PX4 Storm Tracker has also with an impressive round count and without failure. I still, sometimes, get a shit eating grin when either dry firing or running rounds through mine because this pistol is so amazingly, incredibly so freakin sweet. Now that it’s had the LTT RDO 2.0 solution treatment and has a Holo 507c mounted on it that grin is just a bit wider. The rotating barrel design softens the recoil impulse noticeably and flattens the recoil. That should definitely help out with the wrist pain.
    Thanks! Not sure about the hammer spring. The PX4CC is direct from LTT with their trigger job but not sure whether they use the #11 or #12 hammer spring. I did not have the option to select at checkout and, truth be told, not sure I would have grasped the difference at this point.

I really cannot wait to shoot the PC4cc. I held and manipulated when I went to my LGS to fill out my paperwork and it is really, really comfortable. I have both striker and DA/SA pistols and one SA, and the Glock is the only one with which I experience pain. It could be an issue with both the size of the gun, it is the thinnest and smallest that currently I own, and the snappy recoil. It also just feels all hard edges. I am not giving up on it yet, but had picked it up because I thought LTT would take way longer to get me the PX4CC than they did. At the time of purchase, the website said 4-8 weeks for a pistol with RDO cut, and it arrived at my FFL in less than 1. Talk about under promising and over delivering.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    My LTT PX4 CC and factory PX4C run 124gr ammo nicely especially the GD 124gr +p. Super soft shooting.
    Fantastic. One for the first thing that caught my eye on the site is the 2,000 round challenge. Not sure I will try that out yet but I plan on running a quick ~200 rounds through the PX4CC first thing and will report back. Funny, I had been looking at the 92 series for my next pistol when I came across a PX4 on EuroOptic. I know the gun's look is polarizing but it caught my eye, which is why I spent the past month reading all I could about it and finally ordered one a couple of weeks ago.

Just heard back from Black Rhino:

Unfortunately the TLR-7/7A are not compatible with the TLR-7 sub, the light bodies are a completely different design."

There are a couple of companies that list the sub as an option for the PX4 compact, e.g. Cleveland Kydex Co., http://clevelandkydex.com, but don't know anything about them.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Any chance you could post a few pics? mfrey was producing keys...

Absolutely. I actually have one of MFREY's keys, so can give a direct comparison. Again, the 1913 rail version of the TLR-7 Sub is what fits the PX4CC.

TLR-7 Sub on the top, TLR-7A on the bottom:
    Name:  TLR-7-1.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  47.3 KB

TLR-7 Sub on the left, TLR-7A with MFREY's key on the right:
    Name:  TLR-7-2.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  47.5 KB

TLR-7 Sub on the left, TLR-7A with MFREY's key on the right (mounted, with both pistols aligned at the trigger pins):
    Name:  TLR-7-3.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  26.3 KB

TLR-7 Sub interface with the accessory rail:
    Name:  TLR-7-4.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  54.2 KB

TLR-7A with MFREY's key interface with the accessory rail:
    Name:  TLR-7-5.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  54.2 KB

TLR-7 Sub mounted:
    Name:  TLR-7-6.jpg
Views: 1265
Size:  45.8 KB

TLR-7A with MFREY's key mounted:
    Name:  TLR-7-7.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  56.8 KB

Comparison of both lights mounted:
    Name:  TLR-7-8.jpg
Views: 1276
Size:  60.9 KB

The two lights are positioned at about the same location when mounted and protrude similarly from the front of the gun. They have the same controls and provide the same illumination capabilities. I would say the TLR-7 Sub fits the accessory rail better than the TLR-7A with MFREY's key, but I've also never had any issues with the latter over the past few years. I would imagine holster selection for the TLR-7 Sub would be better than for the TLR-7A with MFREY's key.
    Last edited by BJV; 08-13-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Lube

BJV,

...Can't wait to pick up the PX4CC, clean and lube it and take it to the range...

Welcome to the best Forum around! You mentioned cleaning and lubing (good idea). If this is your first PX4 I would suggest lubrication as normal: rails, barrel tube, etc., but also making sure to put a ring of grease (or oil) around the cam lug and barrel cam track side walls:

Name:  Compact lubing (2).jpg
Views: 864
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  Compact lubing (1).jpg
Views: 839
Size:  34.2 KB

Though this last picture is of a cam from a full size PX4, it shows the ring of grease I recommend.

Name:  Cam happy .jpg
Views: 836
Size:  48.3 KB

We have 30,00 rounds of accurate, reliable service through our PX4 Compact. 124 grain loads and +Ps are no problem. You should also change your guide rod assembly every 5k or 3k if mostly +Ps are used.

holster

Just heard back from Black Rhino:

Unfortunately the TLR-7/7A are not compatible with the TLR-7 sub, the light bodies are a completely different design."

There are a couple of companies that list the sub as an option for the PX4 compact, e.g. Cleveland Kydex Co., http://clevelandkydex.com, but don't know anything about them.
    This fellow: https://ajkustomdesigns.com/ can make any holster for any firearm, knife, mag or anything in any configuration, with anything hanging on it. He does excellent work, fast and inexpensively.

I ordered 2 holsters from him just recently. No one made a holster specifically for a PX4 .45 and none with a way to cover the extended barrel of the SD. He custom made one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    Welcome to the best Forum around! You mentioned cleaning and lubing (good idea). If this is your first PX4 I would suggest lubrication as normal: rails, barrel tube, etc., but also making sure to put a ring of grease (or oil) around the cam lug and barrel cam track side walls:

Though this last picture is of a cam from a full size PX4, it shows the ring of grease I recommend.

We have 30,00 rounds of accurate, reliable service through our PX4 Compact. 124 grain loads and +Ps are no problem. You should also change your guide rod assembly every 5k or 3k if mostly +Ps are used.
    Oh wow, thanks. Very useful tips. I use Battle Born HP Pro Lubricant and Protectant on my PCCs and pistols. Will that work around the cam or should I use grease? If so, what kind of grease are you using? Again, many thanks for all the guidance here.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4 Storm Tracker View Post
    This fellow: https://ajkustomdesigns.com/ can make any holster for any firearm, knife, mag or anything in any configuration, with anything hanging on it. He does excellent work, fast and inexpensively.

I ordered 2 holsters from him just recently. No one made a holster specifically for a PX4 .45 and none with a way to cover the extended barrel of the SD. He custom made one for me.
    Just checked out the site. Gorgeous work. Was also looking for something lower profile for my Staccato. Will give this a try. Thanks.

User Tag List