Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mueller rides off into the sunset

Mueller rides off into the sunset

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rob...-andy-mccarthy

Mueller kind of dropped a turd and left. Adios amigos.

No collusion but a criminal obstruction may have happened (hint). Y'all probably need to look into that, not my job, I have to go now.

Impeachment proceedings are not far off.

Season 2. The Witch Hunt Continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rob...-andy-mccarthy

Mueller kind of dropped a turd and left. Adios amigos.

No collusion but a criminal obstruction may have happened (hint). Y'all probably need to look into that, not my job, I have to go now.

Impeachment proceedings are not far off.

Season 2. The Witch Hunt Continues.
    Well, I've given Mueller the benefit of the doubt until now. My BS detector is absolutely pegging out.

Comey: We have a pee dossier on you
    Rosenstein: These are the reasons you should fire Comey.
    Trump: Comey, you're fired.
    Comey: Hey, friend in the press, publish this stuff so we can get a special counsel
    Rosenstein: hey, Mueller, come apply for the FBI job. we'll go there together.
    Trump: Nah, I want to go with someone new.
    Rosenstein: Appointing Mueller as special counsel to investigate Russian involvement and collusion with Trump campaign... oh yeah, and obstruction for firing Comey.

Mueller: No evidence of collusion between any American and Russia. Can't "exonerate" him of obstruction (obstruction of what exactly? Mueller's investigation? Comey's tenure as FBI director?)

Seems completely legit... for DC standards.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Well, I've given Mueller the benefit of the doubt until now. My BS detector is absolutely pegging out.

Comey: We have a pee dossier on you
    Rosenstein: These are the reasons you should fire Comey.
    Trump: Comey, you're fired.
    Comey: Hey, friend in the press, publish this stuff so we can get a special counsel
    Rosenstein: hey, Mueller, come apply for the FBI job. we'll go there together.
    Trump: Nah, I want to go with someone new.
    Rosenstein: Appointing Mueller as special counsel to investigate Russian involvement and collusion with Trump campaign... oh yeah, and obstruction for firing Comey.

Mueller: No evidence of collusion between any American and Russia. Can't "exonerate" him of obstruction (obstruction of what exactly? Mueller's investigation? Comey's tenure as FBI director?)

Seems completely legit... for DC standards.
    Very cool to download and read the dossier. And the full Mueller report. Hilarious to see how much of the dossier was validated in the Mueller report. Both available cheap on Amazon in hard copy too which is way more fun; dog ear key pages, highlighting. Doesn't bear any similarity to GOP narratives of the same but that's how it goes nowadays.
    Last edited by JHC; 05-29-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Mueller didn't say a thing that isn't said in the report. Yet some Democratic candidates are suddenly energized for impeachment. One would think at least THEY had read it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm wondering why Rosenstein resigned 2 weeks before Mueller's farewell speech.

I've read that he expected to be fired. That makes sense but I still have to wonder about it. I believe that both of them can now be subpoenaed by congress because neither of them work for the DOJ anymore.

Am I wrong? Did someone give them a heads up?
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-29-2019 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

It isn’t his job. It is Congress’.

I can hardly blame him for pulling the “EJECT” lever on this investigation. No matter what happens next, the nation loses.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Mueller didn't say a thing that isn't said in the report. Yet some Democratic candidates are suddenly energized for impeachment. One would think at least THEY had read it.
    Pelosi doesn't read anything. She has staff for that.

Very cool to download and read the dossier. And the full Mueller report. Hilarious to see how much of the dossier was validated in the Mueller report. Both available cheap on Amazon in hard copy too which is way more fun; dog ear key pages, highlighting. Doesn't bear any similarity to GOP narratives of the same but that's how it goes nowadays.
    I thought the full report is sitting in a reading room behind locked doors.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    I thought the full report is sitting in a reading room behind locked doors.
    Technically yes but that complaint from some Dems is a shibboleth. I haven't seen a redaction there that obscured the meaning of the paragraph. They largely seem to be concealing info about a pending case, mostly Roger Stone, or ongoing counterintelligence investigations.

Technically yes but that complaint from some Dems is a shibboleth. I haven't seen a redaction there that obscured the meaning of the paragraph. They largely seem to be concealing info about a pending case, mostly Roger Stone, or ongoing counterintelligence investigations.
    And there's the rub..if Barr would've released all the info the dems wanted, they would scream that he released info that should'nt be released..They know full well that Barr cannot legally release this material, they just want something to bitch about going into the elections, because they don't have anything else..The dems have had the house for two years, and all they've done is waste taxpayers money on a witch hunt, that produced nothing..Now, they want to impeach..again grasping at straws here, if they follow through and impeach Trump, they'll be slitting they're own throats.. Just goes to show you what happens when you abandon rational thought for emotion..
    Last edited by ralph; 05-29-2019 at 06:30 PM.

User Tag List