Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Why P320 is so popular outside of pistol-forum

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    @GJM, can you elaborate on this? Are a number of AZ's higher level shooters migrating to the Legion?

And why do you enjoy shooting Glocks over the Legion?
    Yes, almost every A/M/GM USPSA shooter I know, that is shooting CO, has started shooting CO with a Legion, or switched from something else in CO to a Legion. Between AZ, MT and PF folks, I know at least a few dozen who have gone over to the Legion in CO. They seem especially popular with 2011 Limited/Open shooters, because the weight, grip angle and shape of the grip is apparently very 2011 like. The Canik appeals to some Nils fan boys, and budget oriented shooters. Glocks are mostly new shooters, cops, and guys with beards. Interestingly, almost every M class CO Glock shooter I know, is shooting a 17, and most of them with a SRO.

Intellectually, I love the Legion. I just really dislike shooting it and feel very much more in tune with how the dot tracks with a Glock. When my wife asks me to do something with one of her Legions, I have to really bite my tongue to not make a fuss. I don’t believe it is just subjective, because my recent classifiers are nearly ten percent higher with the 17 than with the Legion over the summer. More importantly, I just plain enjoy shooting more with a Glock than the Sig. Obviously that is unique to me, as the people I know shooting a Legion really like them and feel their performance is better with the Sig. A bunch of them have really strong feelings about a Glock, and wouldn’t shoot one if you paid them to.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I've gotta say that this thread DOES have me interested in trying an X-Compact...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Adapt to the tool and quit worrying about making the tool a perfect fit to you.
    I refuse to hammer in nails with an axe when I can afford a hammer. I also have a bread knife, a carving knife, and a vegetable knife in my kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    and pretty much any mod is OK.
    That is simply not so. There are plenty of restrictions of what can be done to USPSA Production and Carry Optics pistols. Comments in forums/facebook/social media to the contrary does not make it so, regardless of who made the comment.

The rest of your comments I agree with and was already aware. I was wondering if there were some brand new changes in IPSC rules. I'm not sure how I feel about the need for Production Optics Light (in IPSC). Personally I don't think lighter pistols (30 oz range) are any disadvantage. But I don't know much.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I've gotta say that this thread DOES have me interested in trying an X-Compact...
    Defoor’s 25yd shooting with a stock X-Compact have me interested as well. However with a probable mag capacity restriction pending in this state the 365 may become my route into the new Sig line-up.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Try it, worst case scenario you don’t like it and sell it or trade it for something else. Ideally, find a lightly used one to buy and save a little dough on the initial purchase.

I like the ergos on my X-Carry a lot. I do not like the way the grip feels on the regular 320. I was in the “never buy a 320” camp until I got to playing with the X-Carry in a gun shop. So I took a chance on it. So far it’s range only for me, but like I said upthread, that may change.

With regard to performance, I shoot the 320 X-Carry as well as I can shoot my Gen5 G17, and shoot both of them a damn sight better than I can my G45. Why that is I cannot say for certain, but it is absolutely happening for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Defoor’s 25yd shooting with a stock X-Compact have me interested as well. However with a probable mag capacity restriction pending in this state the 365 may become my route into the new Sig line-up.
    Not to drift the thread, but don't comply, simple fix.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Not to drift the thread, but don't comply, simple fix.
    I hear a lot of people saying this, but that doesn't work for everybody. An arrest/criminal prosecution can jeopardize professional licensure, ability to remain employed, financial security, and time to spend with your family whether you agree with the law or not.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Just look at the past 10 years, constant product revisions, generation after generation, lack of support for previous generations, "upgrades", cutting corners, going cheap on sub-contracted parts and pushing out now quite finished designs. Sig puts out a lot of interesting stuff, the problem is Sig themselves and what leaves the factory. Company ethics aside, if they'd take their time for once and put out a fully flushed out finished design I'd be more willing to give their products a try, but I get the feeling of everything they release reaches "good enough" and the send it out into the wild.
    Sounds lie you are talking about Taurus, unfortunately you're not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I hear a lot of people saying this, but that doesn't work for everybody. An arrest/criminal prosecution can jeopardize professional licensure, ability to remain employed, financial security, and time to spend with your family whether you agree with the law or not.
    Yeah it's a risk, but if people keep complying and allowing this stuff to happen, it will just continue and continue to get worse. Up to the individual though, everybody's circumstances are different.

User Tag List