Page 316 of 679 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326366416 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 6787

Thread: Beretta 1301 Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    So I had this problem repeatedly today at the range running Remington Reduced recoil slugger. Second round would not feed. I would have to push up on the feed ramp from underneath to get it to chamber. Would the freedom fighter tactical follower help me here?
    Was there another round in the tube behind the jammed shell? If so, I'm not sure a different follower would fix that issue but which follower is in it now?
    Also, is the mag spring in good working order? Was the spring possibly cut too short if you added a +2 yourself or is it all factory original?

No. I was single loading the first, and then loading a second in the tube. First would fire and eject.

The follower in it now is the one that came with the Nordic kit. I don't remember cutting that spring. I've fired about 300 rounds through the gun total, all with the Nordic spring.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Was there another round in the tube behind the jammed shell? If so, I'm not sure a different follower would fix that issue but which follower is in it now?
    Also, is the mag spring in good working order? Was the spring possibly cut too short if you added a +2 yourself or is it all factory original?

No. I was single loading the first, and then loading a second in the tube. First would fire and eject.

The follower in it now is the one that came with the Nordic kit. I don't remember cutting that spring. I've fired about 300 rounds through the gun total, all with the Nordic spring.
    So yeah, I would say you probably have the flat top Nordic follower that can cause that type of jam on the last round.
    If you haven't yet, go up to post #3413 and start reading (it goes on for a while)... I describe the issue and have now resolved it. Basically you need some type of Domed Follower to push the shell past the lip of the chamber... My guess is that any of them will fix the issue if it's domed or has a reduced diameter at the head the way the factory follower does.

Ordered, thanks. Haven't had this issue with other ammo... FFC 00 and #1, and TrueBall. Maybe the slugs on these rounds are set further back, creating more of a lip.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    So yeah, I would say you probably have the flat top Nordic follower that can cause that type of jam on the last round.
    If you haven't yet, go up to post #3413 and start reading (it goes on for a while)... I describe the issue and have now resolved it. Basically you need some type of Domed Follower to push the shell past the lip of the chamber... My guess is that any of them will fix the issue if it's domed or has a reduced diameter at the head the way the factory follower does.

Ordered, thanks. Haven't had this issue with other ammo... FFC 00 and #1, and TrueBall. Maybe the slugs on these rounds are set further back, creating more of a lip.
    Possibly, or the reduced recoil is allowing the jam to occur since the gun is not moving around as much as full power loads... It's a jam can sometimes clear itself with just a slap on the receiver or just looking at it real hard, lol. But sometimes it takes a sharp tug on the bolt or as you discovered, pushing up on the lifter.
    And it seems like a lot of people never experience it at all but I don't know if that's because it only shows up in random examples or because they just haven't created the right situation to cause it... But JMHO, I suspect that any 1301 with the flat Nordic follower can be made to jam this way.
    I base this on what I see with the actual design of the 1301 and the fact that I was able to duplicate it with a similarly designed Benelli M4. There's a reason the OEM followers on both models are designed to inset into the receiver area.

Is this the recommended replacement follower?

https://freedomfightertactical.com/p...m4-shotgun-red
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

Signature required??? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

That one, or this one: https://shop.carriercomp.com/product.sc?productId=14

Or the Domed version from Nordic but nobody knows how to purchase that version.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I think I’ve finally decided to go with the Aridus stock adapter and handguard for my 1301. I don’t remember if there were any good guy codes - if there are, can someone PM me?
    Last gasp...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Last gasp...
    Can't help you with a code but I can assure you that even at full retail you will be very happy with the end result.
    It seems overpriced until you get one in hand and realize all that was involved in making it work... The original handguard must be bought from Magpul then machined in spots, then make the two rear mounting studs, then make the aluminum interior flash guard, then machine the large fore-end cap that includes a spring detente to secure mag tube cap, then anodize and assemble it all.
    The fact that Eric even managed to modify it all to work on the 1301 strikes me as genius level stuff.

User Tag List