Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Seriously considering limiting myself to one gun.

Do you use a weapon mounted light ? I think theres only like two choices of WML for G26s and both of them have puny light output.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    Do you use a weapon mounted light ?
    No. It's not something I've been trained on or have experience with.

With regard to the performance aspect: Claude Werner, Tom Givens, Karl Rehn, HiTS, Handgun Combatives, CSAT (just to name a few) all have standards they believe are representative of the marksmanship required for armed defense. Can you meet or exceed those standards cold with your chosen gear?

If you can't meet certain components of those standards, like say, shots at 25 yards, are you consciously pre-making the decision to not engage under those circumstances?
    Last edited by David S.; 01-09-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    David S.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    With regard to the performance aspect: Claude Werner, Tom Givens, Karl Rehn, HiTS, Handgun Combatives, CSAT (just to name a few) all have standards they believe are representative of the marksmanship required for armed defense. Can you meet or exceed those standards cold with your chosen gear?

If you can't meet certain components of those standards, like say, shots at 25 yards, are you consciously pre-making the decision to not engage under those circumstances?
    I don't know because I don't know what this standards are but probably not. So I have work to do

Wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Seriously considering limiting myself to one gun.
    Personally, I'd opt for limiting myself to just one testicle. Just sayin'. YMMV.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muzzleblast View Post
    Personally, I'd opt for limiting myself to just one testicle. Just sayin'. YMMV.
    Thanks for your input

Site Supporter
    You mentioned switching holsters is an issue. Have you tried your 26 in your 19 holster? I carry my 19 in a 17 holster and the rare times I carry my 26 IWB, I use a 19 holster.

With iron sights, I want the longest sight radius as possible on my primary so something else to consider is chopping the 19's grip to take 26 mags. You keep the increased sight radius of the 19 and support for WML, if ever needed, and get the concealability of the 26 grip.

Akin to Tom Given’s analogy about a “one, two or three bad gun,” these days we live in a minimum of a five or ten gun world. Given that draconian laws are one bad election away, don’t assume you can use the supply of guns available in the retail channels as your personal inventory. High quality firearms are unlikely to ever be as available as they are now. Plan for a lifetime of firearms use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    You mentioned switching holsters is an issue. Have you tried your 26 in your 19 holster? I carry my 19 in a 17 holster and the rare times I carry my 26 IWB, I use a 19 holster.
    I keep my 26 holster on my work pants. In order to get it off I'd have to pull all the crap off my belt and then put all the crap back on my belt when it's time to go back to work.

(And, because I know somebody is going to ask the only way I can get away with carrying on my belt at work now is because the freight company moved out six months ago. I'm guarding an empty warehouse on third shift and there's nobody here but me. It's also winter so I get to wear a coat that hides the gun.)

In my opinion that's enough of a pain in the ass that if it comes up I'll just grab the 19 and carry it
    Last edited by Cypher; 01-10-2020 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzleblast View Post
    Hambo has no limits, testicular or otherwise.

@Cypher, I think there aren't enough apex predators in the USA, so we obsess about stuff that just isn't that big a deal. If you only want to carry one gun, or one type of gun, fuck, just do it. You do you and all that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List