Page 774 of 821 FirstFirst ... 274674724764772773774775776784 ... LastLast
Results 7,731 to 7,740 of 8208

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Watched this over the weekend... Wife and I both enjoyed it, but, she is a Poirot fan, so, her tastes are suspicious.
    Please let her know there’s a new Poirot movie just opened in the theater so she can feed…” the little grey cells “
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Everything Everywhere All At Once

Much hyped Oscar winner that reviewers weep about and assert it changed their lives.
    Okay.
    It's the eleven billionth retelling of a pre-YA "multiverse" story that features some unconvincing wuxia prancing, a Scooby Doo villain and a heartwarming, especially special ending.

Really?

I'm considering a lawsuit to get my 2.00 back.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Please let her know there’s a new Poirot movie just opened in the theater so she can feed…” the little grey cells “
    We saw it in the theater last Saturday. I enjoyed it even though I'm not a big Agatha Christie fan.
    Although, I'll be forever stuck with Branagh (sp?) as I remember him in Harry Potter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Warhorse One

Warhorse One. Great film, super AR centric film. It stars Johnny Strong, who was in Blackhawk Down, Sinners & Saints, Daylight. He wrote and directed this movie about Navy SEAL Master Chief who is the only survivor of a helicopter crash who must guide a child to safety through a gauntlet of Taliban insurgents.

I've listend to some interview that Johnny Strong made. He strikes me as a particularly intense and driven person as he described his personal physical training and gun training. He is a BJJ Black Belt. He specifically mentions in the film that he was firing the AR semi-auto only, and that a couple of times the gun malfunctioned on film and he performed immediate action. Strong actually states something along the lines of, if you run a gas AR with a suppressor, those things go down. He also mortared the gun when it malfunctioned one time. Strong pointed out that he wanted to show someone doing an immediate action and getting the gun online fast. He also mentions having to rerecord the soundtrack of the gunshots because the original guy who did it made all of the guns sound like MP5s. The host Rob O'Neil mentions that in the film Strong switched hands when running the AR to take advantage of cover. Strong mentions that he trained that way and gives a shoutout Pat MacNamara over not referring to the weak side as weakside, but as "other strong side." Strong also talks about not popping out in the same place when repeated engaging an enemy from cover.

Here is a link to the trailer:

Here is a long to an intrview he did with retired Navy SEAL Rob O'Neil. It's an excellent video to listen to. It goes beyond guns or films. Johnny Strong goes into his life philosophy. He is anti-Hollywood and quite genuine.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ed L; 09-21-2023 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Warhorse One. Great film, super AR centric film. It stars Johnny Strong, who was in Blackhawk Down, Sinners & Saints, Daylight. He wrote and directed this movie about Navy SEAL Master Chief who is the only survivor of a helicopter crash who must guide a child to safety through a gauntlet of Taliban
    Where can we see this?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Where can we see this?
    $2.99 on Prime. Added to watchlist.

https://www.roku.com/whats-on/movies...fd042b96e53444
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Watching the Leaphorn series. Pretty good. Like the actors quite a bit. Too bad the books fell about when took over by the daughter who 'shot' Joe.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Equalizer 3: better than 2, same same as 1. Entertaining enough, but it should die there.

Oppenheimer : excellent, old school Hollywood, as well as a movie with real social importance and relevance. Nolan never disappoints on any serious level.

Barbie: quite good. From the technical craft of movie making, as good as it gets. Ryan Gosling steals the show. The only way to make that role not ridiculous is to completely go for it and he does. Yes, it swings wide on woke politics, but it's so on the nose, it makes me suspect Greta Gerwig was poking as much fun as endorsing. But, it does bring it all in to a pretty balanced viewpoint in the end. Even Will Farrell is funny.

The American : a George Clooney vehicle I gave a rewatch this past weekend. In my opinion, it's quite an unappreciated film. More moody and cerebral, as well as very European. It bombed on release, primarily because audiences obviously assumed it was Clooney riffing Jason Bourne, which it's not. Well worth a watch.

Hannah: another one I haven't seen in a while. Pretty decent "grow assassins from babies" film. Cate Blanchett was never sexier than here.

JoJo Rabbit : avoided it like the plague, primarily due to its excessive Oscar buzz. Something history has shown to be the kiss of death. Wound up loving it. Making Nazis funny is a fine wire to tread, bit it's done here with amazing success.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 09-21-2023 at 11:31 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I watched JoJo Rabbit last month. I liked it a lot. I’d recommend it highly.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Warhorse One. Great film, super AR centric film. It stars Johnny Strong, who was in Blackhawk Down, Sinners & Saints, Daylight. He wrote and directed this movie about Navy SEAL Master Chief who is the only survivor of a helicopter crash who must guide a child to safety through a gauntlet of Taliban insurgents.

I've listend to some interview that Johnny Strong made. He strikes me as a particularly intense and driven person as he described his personal physical training and gun training. He is a BJJ Black Belt. He specifically mentions in the film that he was firing the AR semi-auto only, and that a couple of times the gun malfunctioned on film and he performed immediate action. Strong actually states something along the lines of, if you run a gas AR with a suppressor, those things go down. He also mortared the gun when it malfunctioned one time. Strong pointed out that he wanted to show someone doing an immediate action and getting the gun online fast. He also mentions having to rerecord the soundtrack of the gunshots because the original guy who did it made all of the guns sound like MP5s. The host Rob O'Neil mentions that in the film Strong switched hands when running the AR to take advantage of cover. Strong mentions that he trained that way and gives a shoutout Pat MacNamara over not referring to the weak side as weakside, but as "other strong side." Strong also talks about not popping out in the same place when repeated engaging an enemy from cover.
    So I go to Prime to rent it and I see The Covenant so I rent that too. And Warhorse because that popped up on the search. PF making me spend money. LOL
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List