Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomer Support Thread

In 1976, I was at the drive-in with a girlfriend and a buddy and his girlfriend, watching "Carrie". We had all had a few beers and were mellow. Right after the big terrible prom scene, the movie cuts to an epilogue shot of Amy Irving putting flowers on Carrie's grave. Suddenly Carrie's arm bursts out of the grave and grabs Amy. It's a real jump scare.

Right at that exact moment, someone walked into the speaker wire and the speaker lurched forward on the window with a BANG! We all screamed like girls and splashed beer all over the place.

Then we all laughed until we couldn't catch our breath.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I need to dip in here to make a ruling.

Black socks are appropriate with flip flops *or* sandals, but only before Easter or after Labor Day.

Carry on.
    White socks and flip flops are an indicator that you've done time.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    In 1976, I was at the drive-in with a girlfriend and a buddy and his girlfriend, watching "Carrie". We had all had a few beers and were mellow. Right after the big terrible prom scene, the movie cuts to an epilogue shot of Amy Irving putting flowers on Carrie's grave. Suddenly Carrie's arm bursts out of the grave and grabs Amy. It's a real jump scare.

Right at that exact moment, someone walked into the speaker wire and the speaker lurched forward on the window with a BANG! We all screamed like girls and splashed beer all over the place.

Then we all laughed until we couldn't catch our breath.

Rosco
    When Alien was first out, I saw it with friends before I took my GF to see it. Since I knew the plot, I goosed her right when the baby alien popped out of Kane’s chest. She literally wet herself. I was only cut off for a few days, so I guess it was worth it...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    [QUOTE=Hambo;987188]White socks and flip flops are an indicator that you've done time.[/QUOTE

Ya'll give'em socks?

I remember arriving at my college and thinking it was the height of luxury because every dorm room had a hardwired phone. Most friends at other schools had one phone per hall, or per dorm.

Visiting a friend at a women’s college: the dorm had a reception desk(students had to take shifts) where you had to identify yourself, and then they’d page the person you had come to see. Female visitors were “visitors”, male visitors were “callers”. A “.......you have a caller” page would result in a few women drifting down the stairs to see if it was anyone interesting.

First computer class was FORTRAN 77, using punch cards. Turn in your stack, wait, pick up your printout, find out you’d mistyped a character, submit the stack again........

Remember airport walls covered with pay phones? A flight would arrive, and folks would race to the pay phones and start calling.

Long distance calling cards? And the excitement of “ _______’s calling! Hurry! It’s Long Distance!”

My son won the original ok boomer case for .gov
    You cannot imagine how much money went into his education for this "victory".

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I remember arriving at my college and thinking it was the height of luxury because every dorm room had a hardwired phone. Most friends at other schools had one phone per hall, or per dorm.

Visiting a friend at a women’s college: the dorm had a reception desk(students had to take shifts) where you had to identify yourself, and then they’d page the person you had come to see. Female visitors were “visitors”, male visitors were “callers”. A “.......you have a caller” page would result in a few women drifting down the stairs to see if it was anyone interesting.

First computer class was FORTRAN 77, using punch cards. Turn in your stack, wait, pick up your printout, find out you’d mistyped a character, submit the stack again........

Remember airport walls covered with pay phones? A flight would arrive, and folks would race to the pay phones and start calling.

Long distance calling cards? And the excitement of “ _______’s calling! Hurry! It’s Long Distance!”
    I remember all that shit and I’m a solid Gen Xer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  7ED0472A-A85C-4E2C-9795-CE111CF0E344.jpeg
Views: 302
Size:  46.9 KB

Gen X here, but I know what that is

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    Name:  7ED0472A-A85C-4E2C-9795-CE111CF0E344.jpeg
Views: 302
Size:  46.9 KB

Gen X here, but I know what that is
    I'm GenX. My65 mustang didn't have reverse lights, and the other door mirror was optional, too.

I'm just glad I never sat in one of these:
    Attachment 47934

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I'm just glad I never sat in one of these:
    Attachment 47934
    My wife remembers her younger brother, when he was an infant, riding in the car in a laundry basket.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List