Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock questions. I instaled a new spring kit and connecter.

Site Supporter
    YMMV Greatly. I posted this some time ago on another forum re the concept of the .25 Trigger Job. I re-posted it here in response to an inquiry re the same in 2017.

"I have been shooting Glocks since 1990. The most reliable, repeatable triggers (Edited to add SAFE) triggers I have had and used came with the 5.5 TRS (OEM trigger return spring) with an OEM "minus" connector, a dab of grease/lub on the bearing surfaces and thousands of dry fires/live fires. Move away from this formula, particularly with non OEM parts or parts that get "polished" to the point that metal is removed at your own peril.

It is not a 1911 trigger and is never going to be. If that is driving your train then 1. get a 1911 or 2. consider the offerings of Apex for the M&P.

Be safe and well all."

I only have Gen 1-3 guns. I am told that some Gen4 and Gen5 guns are quite fine with completely stock set ups. See an armorer, get it back to stock. Dry fire the snot out of it, take a class and shoot it and I suspect that your trigger and your results will be just fine.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 01-08-2020 at 03:35 PM.

OP I think your main problem is you're new to the lighter trigger. 3# is definitely light. First thing I'd do is put the stock trigger spring back in. Sorry I just went back and read your first post and you have replaced some of the parts and now have a 5# pull which is much smoother than before. I would run this combination. 5# and smooth is a nice striker trigger in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Just trying to get a full understanding of your criteria...

- Is this untimed slow fire or rapid fire?
    - Is this from the holster or in hand?

Thanks.
    No time limit, whatever pace you want to shoot.
    If there's no time limit then it doesn't matter how you start.

I've literally watched hundreds of "normies" shoot (I was a CCW Instructor for 15 years or so).
    The majority of them have a hard time going 100% on a 12"x18" target with a handgun... I know this because that's the NM CCW qualification target size and 7Y is max distance.
    It actually takes someone with decent fundamentals and plenty of trigger time to go 5 for 5 on a 2" @ 7Y "on demand".
    Do the same at 15Y and you're a 1%'er.
    Ace my "99 Drill" and you're a man among men.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin62 View Post
    The problem I had after shooting about 30 rounds is that I would sometimes get what seemed like 2 rounds shooting very quickly with out me really pulling the trigger. I thought it might have been me keeping my finger on the trigger and pulling it and not realizing it. It made me very nervous and it happened a few times. I thought it may have been from shooting 2 many rounds and getting a little to confident or that the pull is to light and I am not use to it yet.
    You're not the first to have this problem. I turned my Glock into a burst-fire device by overpolishing the factory parts the first time I tried to "improve" it. Lesson learned. The internals are now completely stock.

Instruction and practice helped. Shooting a double-action revolver helped. Good sights helped.

Be safe, have fun, learn stuff. Repeat indefinitely.
    Last edited by peterb; 01-08-2020 at 06:50 PM.

The 4# FPS and 6# TS do not play well together and hinder trigger reset when used together.
    An OEM Glock 4.5# minus connector and a 5# FPS will give you a slightly lighter trigger pull and be totally reliable if you use quality ammunition.

Probably about 98% of aftermarket glock parts are garbage. I don't like to mess with the zen of my glocks. The number one and really only reason I buy them is for a time tested and proven reliability track record.

The best advice I got for shooting a glock is using more trigger finger. I approach them more as a true double action trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Speaking of shitty aftermarket Glock part purveyors, I’m pretty sure one of them is waiting for you to respond to an email they sent you yesterday morning...
    LOL I'm sorry sir, Let me check right now. I in no way imply that a SCD is garbage. One of the other only reasons I stick with a glock.

I need to order another SCD too for a G48 now as well.

A thing to check and be mindful of with spring kits is that they often don't allow the trigger to fully reset and it leaves the gun in a condition to fire if dropped muzzle up.

going to order all new glock factory springs

I wont make this mistake again. Thanks for the help. I should have known better being a educated person and never gave it much thought.

Oem ?

Iam not a troll but what does oem mean. I figure I would get the best answer from this site.

User Tag List