Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Our big, fun Iraq discussion thread

I hope we can drop the mic on this one and Iran will leave us alone, but I fear this game of whack-a-mole will continue for eternity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people just need killing.
    Ignore Alien Orders

New sheriff, and all.

3...2...1 for the #orangemanbad crowd telling us Trump is going to escalate us into a world war.

Frankly, I prefer it when despots all around the world have to pause and consider whether they can trust their bunker designer's calculations. Might just get everyone to settle back down.

#orangemanbadass
    Last edited by fly out; 01-02-2020 at 10:33 PM.

I have a feeling we might get to see just how many "sleeper cells" we have in the CONUS. I hope that they're going with exponentially higher security for our politicians and tender spots.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

*disregard*
    Last edited by Chemsoldier; 01-02-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Site Supporter
    I will suggest that the ME understands and respects strength. In my experience, they take advantage of what they perceive as weakness. I suggest that many in the ME get this "message" much clearer than being "reasonable" or "nice". This is more of an Old Testament area and typically not a New Testament area - Old Testament techniques may be more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I will suggest that the ME understands and respects strength. In my experience, they take advantage of what they perceive as weakness. I suggest that many in the ME get this "message" much clearer than being "reasonable" or "nice". This is more of an Old Testament area and typically not a New Testament area - Old Testament techniques may be more effective.
    Trump just put out a music video to commemorate the moment...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    We're setting up to actually kick some ass, not pussyfoot around and play fuck fuck games.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I heard the song come on with that post of his, but I really don't feel like doing that dance again. He's free to get it completely twisted, and those of us who know better can just shake our head.

Looks like I may be posting from here for longer than planned, too. Prayers/good vibes/etc for all the guys that just got uprooted from home with zero notice, and all the rest of us sad sacks already in theater will forever be deeply appreciated.

Current RUMINT is saying that they set a new Army-wide '0-60 time' record for an element that size leaving CONUS w/o prior notice or planning.
    Stay safe brother. When you get stateside I'm gonna send you my Surefire M951.

A couple of thoughts:
    This was an in your face, open, public slam at the Iranian mullahs. No subtle message, no "lets avoid escalation but honor is satisfied", no attempt to do what's needed but keep a low profile. This was a kick in the nuts in the public square.
    Second: the Iranians are going to absolutely lose their minds looking for the intel source that let the US target Soleimini. They knew he was a high value target and had been very good at keeping his movements closely guarded. The mole hunt could be epic.
    Third: I really hope that the US military people in the region have their personal security A-game on. There are so many GIs in units around Iraq that keeping safe as the militias go looking for payback s going to be difficult. As is usually the case, the men and women at the sharp end will be the ones who pay a personal price in this power game. Prayers up for those of you who are in harms way on our behalf as you carry more than your share of the burden.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    might as well divide Iraq into three separate countries. Divide it into Sunni , Shia and Kurd. Force people to move like they did to Germans in Czechoslovakia after WWll. ...
    Like how it always was in the first place?
    Different peoples, who can't live with each other, can live in different places.
    We should think about trying that in the States pretty soon.

Last edited by pooty; 01-03-2020 at 12:59 AM.

User Tag List