Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Ruger LCP annouced in 22LR!

Seems this was missed in all the speculation about the 5.7x28.

Anyway, a little pistol like this should have broad market appeal. A good trainer for those with the .380 version. Use it to teach the kid/wife/grandmother the basics, etc. Plus it should be a nice little carry gun for those crazy enough to walk around with a .22 in a defensive role...

https://ruger.com/products/lcpII/specSheets/13705.html

Site Supporter
    This would be a nice pocket plinker for "targets of opportunity" while out woods bumming. I wonder if it's accurate enough for small game at close distances (ie under 25yds)...

Shame it didn't have a threaded barrel. Gun in one pocket and can in another pocket...

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    This would be a nice pocket plinker for "targets of opportunity" while out woods bumming. I wonder if it's accurate enough for small game at close distances (ie under 25yds)...

Shame it didn't have a threaded barrel. Gun in one pocket and can in another pocket...

Chris
    I'd guess it would need adjustable sights to be really effective as a small game pistol.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'd guess it would need adjustable sights to be really effective as a small game pistol.
    I wouldn't go out hunting with the little gun, but if I were out doing other things during small game season and a squirrel was being persistent nearby, and I had a vetted load in the gun, I might give it a shot, no pun intended.

But for dedicated hunting, no way.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Interesting that they added a manual safety on the 22. I wonder if they will add that to the 380 as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Manual safety is oriented in a push-forward-to-fire configuration that is instinctive and unobtrusive.

Say what?
    I've been pushing down on safeties for several decades, so I am not the best reference, but that just ain't right.
    Maybe a beginner or a Glocker will let us know how "instinctive" it is.

Never mind, video is the death knell.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 12-30-2019 at 12:24 PM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Recovering Revolverist Totem Polar's Avatar
    If it works, Ruger just printed their own money. There were a number of years that the LCP outsold pretty much everything else.

I’m more intrigued by the little Ruger than the big Glock, myself.
    Civility is not a tactic or a sentiment. It is the determined choice of trust over cynicism, of community over chaos.
    -George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    • Manual safety is oriented in a push-forward-to-fire configuration that is instinctive and unobtrusive.

Say what?
    I've been pushing down on safeties for several decades, so I am not the best reference, but that just ain't right.
    Maybe a beginner or a Glocker will let us know how "instinctive" it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Interesting that they added a manual safety on the 22. I wonder if they will add that to the 380 as well.
    Ruger's always seemed bipolar with their thumb safeties. The SR9 safety sucks and the Security 9 isn't much better.

I think the official company stance is the safety is meant to be ignored but can be used if someone feels so inclined. Seems counterproductive when a minor engineering change could something more useful.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Official re-poster of Stoeger videos

User Tag List