Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Irrational Firearm Desires

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

That's just good common sense. It's a big country. Travel is fun. Wear out some tires. Michelin will make more.
    When my wife yells at me for the purchase Im going to blame you...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    When my wife yells at me for the purchase Im going to blame you...
    If you really want to piss her off, go down the rabbit hole of 6mm cartridges and decide that 6mm Remington AI is definitely the way to go. Any ridiculous venture worth doing is worth doing right.

Then search for me on YouTube. She might find that amusing, or at least distracting.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 11-22-2019 at 10:55 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Having watched The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance and The Horse Soldiers this week, now I want a SAA again. I've sold everyone I've ever had because I can't see the sights very well. Then there's the whole "regulate the sights to one load" thing which I don't do because I don't stick to one load. An Uberti Flat Top is a possible solution if I decide to jump this way. Then I have to settle on a caliber and barrel length which is a whole new kettle of fish.

An even more irrational desire is for an 1862 Police which has even worse sights than the typical SAA...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say I’ve discovered a legit way to scratch the PPK/s itch.

Name:  EBBC890A-55BA-491B-9A85-00DC9E2EFB60.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  51.9 KB

Hold the phone- the PRT 32 pistol in 7.62x39 may just be the ticket!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I’ve never had more than passing curiosity in bolt guns of any kind. And I have no place nearby to shoot longer than 100 yards. But I recently learned of Q’s The Fix and damn I want one of these! Ideally the 6.5CM with 16” bbl.

Photo from shootingsurplus.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Okay, you're an idiot I have a PTR-91 and there is no way I would want it any louder or blast even more.

Was out shooting with a friend, I pulled out the Portuguese G3, he said "Oh cool! I want one!" Then I shot it and he started backing farther away muttering. He wasnt sure he wanted to shoot it but was sure he didnt want one. That was seriously the worst aspect of those guns. The H-K 91 muzzle widget wasnt any better.

Funny, it was one of the things I had to sell to pay bills, and I dont miss it.
    Last edited by Malamute; 11-24-2019 at 05:38 PM.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I got a chance to fiddle with a stock Rami BD, and got it out of my system. It's still a cool gun, and the trigger out of the box was really nice. But it's actually bigger than I remember--especially the width of the grip. The ergos don't fit me me like a glove like the P-07 and Shadow2 do.

So... what are my irrational firearm desires now? Honestly, I've been selling handguns I don't use, and can't think of anything I want other than maybe another P-07.

But how about a rifle?

ARC Archimedes action, 6.5 PRC. ARC Xylo Chassis. Proof carbon barrel. NF ATACR. I can dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have a hard on for a CZ Rami from CGW. I totally don’t need one. But...

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I've been jonesing for a G3K clone since I first saw pictures of one on HKPro back in like 2000ish.

Similarly, if I hit Powerball, I'd immediately hunt down one of the handful of transferable FJ Vollmer HK51-B's that Fred Vollmer built with HK21E parts. An MP5 sized 7.62 NATO belt fed machine gun with quick change barrels is exactly my kind of flame-throwing crazy range toy.

So...we are idiots.
    Now that’s my kinda crazy stupid . . . almost enough to make me get a powerball ticket.

If you hit the lotto, don’t forget the Degroat Flash Enhancer to go with your new toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Okay, you're an idiot I have a PTR-91 and there is no way I would want it any louder or blast even more.
    This^^^

I shot a buddies 12” full auto FAL Para ONCE. One magazine of that was fucking sufficient for me to determine .308 from a <18-20” barre is a big nope.

User Tag List