Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla Truck

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I was going to watch the unveiling last night but forgot.

I don't quite like the Delorean look but I think when my F-150 blows up this will be a player. As a daily driver these Teslas make a lot of sense. I want to wait and see how the middle model tows and what range you can expect with a ~8,000lb trailer. As time marches on the Tesla super charging stations should become more available. I have heard the newest versions of the super chargers work in a similar timeframe to pumping gas... not 100% on this though.

Getting into the bed from the side looks to be impossible, and is something I do all the time. I like the adjustable suspension ride height and dampers, both standard options.

Its a big truck though and might be as long as a Supercrew+Long Bed. Not sure on this either.

Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ifxEVIUjTg

Articles:
    https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/t...ation-deposit/

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/transportat...uction-2136868

I can’t seem to attach an actual picture of the truck. Sorry.
    I love the idea of Tesla, and it is one of the relatively few non-index fund stocks I have. ...It's down 6% right now. The truck is also ugly like a 6% drop in stock value.

That said, the damn thing is growing on me, I just wish it looked slightly less... wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Looks like a F-117.
    It's not that ugly.

Personally I think battery powered vehicles is barking up the wrong tree. When I see 18 wheelers hauling down the road for miles running on battery power, then I'll believe that batteries are a efficient source of energy for vehicles. Not to mention how many vehicles do Tesla produce a week? Like 100?

I'm waiting for the government to release the reverse engineered UFO propulsion system. I'll snag that up in a heartbeat!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    I am firmly in this truck's target audience.

I love Blade Runner. I love neon. On Tuesday it's gunfights with Replicants on rooftops and Wednesday is car chases against gangs of illegal street-racers, down the LA river.

But I live on a farm and need to haul farm stuff.

I'm totally buying one.

Do you think TSLA will be OK if they sell just the one to me? Because I don't see too many others in my situation.
    I thought it was ugly at first but its definitely growing on me. I think it would look pretty great with a multicam black or even flat black wrap - kinda Batman-ish.

I’m not quite ready to buy into electric yet since there aren’t many charging options around me yet, but I’m open to the idea once that changes. The resale value once the battery health starts to drop is a concern too so I’ll see how that plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I personally would only lease an electric.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    Personally I think battery powered vehicles is barking up the wrong tree. When I see 18 wheelers hauling down the road for miles running on battery power, then I'll believe that batteries are a efficient source of energy for vehicles. Not to mention how many vehicles do Tesla produce a week? Like 100?

I'm waiting for the government to release the reverse engineered UFO propulsion system. I'll snag that up in a heartbeat!
    I'm waiting to see what the government ending subsidies for these unicorn-fart powered vehicles does.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    I am old enough to remember when Glocks came out and everyone said they were ugly

Maybe I’m weird, but I love the look.

I want to drive my current truck at least a total of 10 years and that goes for any new vehicle down the road. And that is on the low side, so things like resale are not a big factor for me. Part of the reason I like the idea of electric cars is that I *believe* that once the technology matures it will be cheaper/more reliable than gas engines. Battery technology is always getting better.

The environment is probably worse off with building and disposing of batteries vice burning gasoline.

Lets compare my current 2013 F-150 to the middle Tesla Truck.

2013 F-150, 4x4, Lariat, 3.5EB, 3.55, towing package
    Range
    500+ miles, 300 miles towing
    Tesla
    300+ miles, towing miles unknown

Tow rating
    F-150 - 9,500 lbs
    Tesla - 10,000 lbs

Payload
    F-150 1,183 lbs (Yes, you read that right. Payload should be a thread all on its own)
    Tesla 3,500 lbs

MSRP for my truck bought in 2012 was $51,000. After the games it was like $42,000. The middle Tesla starts around $49,000.

My yearly gas bill is on the order of $2,700. Since 2012 I have spent $13,055 on gas. Based on Model X numbers, a Tesla would have cost $4158 in charging costs.

I am hoping the production truck looks a little better and the kinks are worked out when I am ready in the 2022 time frame. I am more than happy with the F-150 and the ecoboost is fun to drive. If Ford can make the F-150 'lectric a thing... maybe I stick with the blue oval.

High Mileage Tesla:
    https://electrek.co/2018/07/17/tesla...miles-3-years/

A guy who sits next to me at work said he is going to get the Tesla truck. I hope he does so we can see how it works in real life.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 11-22-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I am old enough to remember when Glocks came out and everyone said they were ugly
    As opposed to...?

Beauty is in the eye of the be(er)holder, but somethings only a mother could think are beautiful

This Tesla truck, a Glock 17, Hillary Clinton, etc...
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 11-22-2019 at 10:34 PM.

User Tag List