Page 19 of 120 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Teach me about STI guns

Quote Originally Posted by Buck8154 View Post
    Look in to blackpoint tactical, long shadow holsters, little gat holsters, tier1 concealed, battleborn holsters, txc, and philster, as they all have high quality options.
    Thank you. Will do. I've actually got one from Blackpoint Tactical, but I think I made a bit of a mistake as it carries the gun with an X300U attached and that package is just a little too big for me. I may get another one to accommodate just the gun without the light attached. I'm also looking into Pure Kustom Holsters as I really like quality leather for IWB carry. If anyone else is interested, check out the following:

https://www.stiholsters.com/

Thanks for your response and the recommendations, Buck8154.
    Last edited by usmc_k9_vet; 09-22-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram @usmc_k9_vet
    Guncrafter Industries: NN LW CCO 9mm Nighthawk: Talon .45, GRP Double Stack 9mm, Predator T5 9mm Volkmann Precision: Combat Carry 9mm Wilson Combat: 92G Brig Tac, 92G CC

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Is this the sight seen in the Omni with the comp.

Asking for a friend with $4k burning in his pocket and an unhealthy level of attraction to an inanimate object
    Yes, it is still on the dvc-p. Last year it was also offered on the dvc limited.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
    Thank you. Will do. I've actually got one from Blackpoint Tactical, but I think I made a bit of a mistake as it carries the gun with an X300U attached and that package is just a little too big for me. I may get another one to accommodate just the gun without the light attached. I'm also looking into Pure Kustom Holsters as I really like quality leather for IWB carry. If anyone else is interested, check out the following:

No problem! For the record I am not affiliated with any of the holster companies listed, and I have tried most, but not all of them. My daily carry is primarily blackpoint now, and occasionally a txc. For reference im 5’10” 175 lbs, and carry a staccato-p duo with a deltapoint pro, and occasionally an old guardian...but am kind of making the optics leap in my edc as after a few days on the range as a student, I began shooting noticeably better with an optic.
    I’ll try means I’ll fail, you either can or can’t, and can’t never got anything done.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post

Those Pure Kustom holsters are similar to the old AKJ concealco holster that I loved for my standard 1911. Not my pic, but it was a great balance of minimums bulk but good stability and great concealment for a strong side iwb holster.

Name:  EF644E2C-58C3-4DB2-B569-FDA507CF4AD2.jpeg
Views: 704
Size:  18.1 KB
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 09-22-2019 at 01:54 PM.

@Buck8154, a couple of questions if I may?
    Do I have to treat the Staccato C like a regular 1911 in regards to extractor testing and tensioning? I would rather it ran right out the box, vs me bent over the shop bench muttering " my precious" in my best Gollum voice trying to get the extractor just right. I just want to shoot, clean, wash, rinse and repeat, just like my Glock 45.

Is there one round that the Staccato C favors over others? I'm pretty deep in 147gr HST's, and the AE counterpart at the moment.

Are there any blue guns available yet? Google returned zero, but with you on the inside of the industry, you probably have better resources. I'm more than willing to invest in one for holsters and FOF training.

What is the maintenance interval for fire control parts replacement?

My 1911 base of experience is based on having been issued one in the MIL, and owning 3-4 of them on my own time. I was on the Squadron Pistol Team my entire posting, just missed The Presidents 100, so I am maybe a titch better than the average MIL end user.

I found a Staccato C local to me today, honestly I didn't even know he was a stocking dealer as he doesn't show on your web site. The ergo's were "dreamy", so much nicer than my G45, and "dat trigger", damn!

I not saying the Staccato C is going to replace my G45 for EDC, but I'm not saying it isn't either. Honestly, I'm fine with 8rd mag's. I would be carrying a G43X or a G48 if I could find one I shot as well as the G45.

My overall take on the Staccato C was "it's slimming". Slimmer grip, slimmer mags, and it will certainly slim the hell out of my discretionary fund for a bit.

I just want to give it a fair shake and see how it turns out.

Thanks for the help!
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    A really good niche I could see STI in is the "professional" CCW market, much like how you have worked your way into LE.
    You approached the high volume, highly skilled shooters first and then let your success with them trickle down into the patrol sector.

Nobody to date has worked with highly skilled, motivated civilian shooters who carry to develop a gun designed for their needs.
    And yes, their needs are different from LE, competition and the lowest common denominator permit holder.

A Staccato P or C meets my CCW needs about as well as a Taurus Curve does... that is, not at all (albeit for completely different reasons).

I can see it now.
    The P-F.com pistol designed by us, for us...

JodyH I’m curious to hear what you would like to see in an STI CCW Pistol. I looked at a Staccato P the other day and it seemed very similar in size to a 19x. The magwell would need to go. It could use some additional dehorning. And it definitely needs support from holster manufacturers like those that are favored on this board.

What would be your ideal STI carry gun?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

My answer to the same question would be basically the Costa VIP without logo's. I got saddled with the logos on my costa carry comp because I picked logos over holes in the slide of the omni

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    JodyH I’m curious to hear what you would like to see in an STI CCW Pistol. I looked at a Staccato P the other day and it seemed very similar in size to a 19x. The magwell would need to go. It could use some additional dehorning. And it definitely needs support from holster manufacturers like those that are favored on this board.

What would be your ideal STI carry gun?
    Its much closer in overall size to a g17 than a g19.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    @Buck8154, a couple of questions if I may?
    Do I have to treat the Staccato C like a regular 1911 in regards to extractor testing and tensioning? I would rather it ran right out the box, vs me bent over the shop bench muttering " my precious" in my best Gollum voice trying to get the extractor just right. I just want to shoot, clean, wash, rinse and repeat, just like my Glock 45.

Is there one round that the Staccato C favors over others? I'm pretty deep in 147gr HST's, and the AE counterpart at the moment.

Are there any blue guns available yet? Google returned zero, but with you on the inside of the industry, you probably have better resources. I'm more than willing to invest in one for holsters and FOF training.

What is the maintenance interval for fire control parts replacement?

My 1911 base of experience is based on having been issued one in the MIL, and owning 3-4 of them on my own time. I was on the Squadron Pistol Team my entire posting, just missed The Presidents 100, so I am maybe a titch better than the average MIL end user.

I found a Staccato C local to me today, honestly I didn't even know he was a stocking dealer as he doesn't show on your web site. The ergo's were "dreamy", so much nicer than my G45, and "dat trigger", damn!

I not saying the Staccato C is going to replace my G45 for EDC, but I'm not saying it isn't either. Honestly, I'm fine with 8rd mag's. I would be carrying a G43X or a G48 if I could find one I shot as well as the G45.

My overall take on the Staccato C was "it's slimming". Slimmer grip, slimmer mags, and it will certainly slim the hell out of my discretionary fund for a bit.

I just want to give it a fair shake and see how it turns out.

Thanks for the help!
    Ive only had to adjust an extractor on one of demo guns, and it was well north of 30k. I have a personal gun that I just broke 20k on with about 14k of that being a mix of 147gr ranger sxt and hornady 135 +p...not adjustment or parts replacements yet.

I have not seen any duty round that does not function in any of the staccato guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Little View Post
    I’ve been running the Delta Point Pro. Prior to this I ran RMR. The slide on the STI Duo system adapts DPP with no adapter plate, so it sits nice and low.
    Matt,
    Any chance you can do a comparison pics of the DPP and RMR on the DUO so folks can see the height difference?

User Tag List