Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here EDC a Ruger LC9 or LC9s?

Anyone here EDC a Ruger LC9 or LC9s?

Enquiring minds want to know. TIA.
    The most powerful and harmful influence Trump has had on our politics…has been the effect on his opponents. They have been triggered into an orgy of self-mutilation—eager to amputate their own history and disfigure their own political traditions.

Lightweight Compact 9

We have used an LC9 as EDC over the years. We still use one for short-term EDC.

Site Supporter
    Not anymore. I carried an LC9s Pro as a BUG for about 4 months.

I carried it mostly in my front pocket (I can wear cargo pants or shorts most of the time). Occasionally on my ankle, although it was a little heavy for that (~20 OZ loaded, IIRC).

I had a couple of FTL's that I traced to a bad magazine that Ruger replaced.
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 04-30-2019 at 12:44 AM. Reason: removed un-needed life story details

I had one for a while, intended as a secondary carry gun (something smaller than the P320 I had at the time).

However, I could not shoot it well (I do much better with a G43) and I had multiple malfunctions caused by my thumb riding on the slide release and either keeping it from engaging on the last round, or engaging at random. I wanted to like it but it just didn’t work out.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Site Supporter
    I've seen a bunch of LC9's and EC9's with problems. Failures to feed, failures to extract, failures to eject. I haven't dug into the why. I make sure they are lubed and that the stoppages aren't user induced and if it continues (always has with these guns) I give the student a loaner gun to finish class with and recommend they buy something that doesn't suck. I would no-shit carry a Hi-Point before I carried an LC9.

My LC9s works just fine. The DAO trigger is so smooth and light that I do engage the thumb safety.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I have an LC9, it has never malfunctioned and I've shot it a lot. I carried it some but found that it's easier to carry a 642 revolver, especially in a pocket. The 642 is smaller and lighter weight. The LC has fired everything I've put in it. Factory, handloads, hollowpoints, cast semi wadcutter, all without a hitch. I did have to file a little clearance on the firing pin where it rubbed the safety plunger but that was not a functional problem.

I’ve had a LC9S for a couple years. It’s my go to carry gun. Far better than its predecessor, the LC9. I carry it with the extended 9 round magazine primarily in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster loaded with 150 grain Federal HST micro hollow points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have an EC9 that I carry sometimes. Seems good enough. Nothing special but pretty small and it works.

I have an Lc9s

I have an Lc9s for when I want something smaller than my G19. The Ruger only has about 750 rounds through it, but so far it’s been reliable and accurate if I do my part. Great trigger, just need to get my grip more consistent.

User Tag List