Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

Myself, this doesn’t bother me one bit, I reload all my ammo, 9mm, .45, .223, etc, I haven’t bought ammo in a couple of years, and that was for my 1301 tac, I might suggest that some of you who live in rural areas (as do I) might want to consider buying a press and start loading your own.. Stock up on components, now, before the panicking starts next year over the elections.. In a way this kinda fits in with what alot of people have been saying, I mean, we’ve had almost 4 years to buy mags, ammo, any firearms you may have wanted that’s likely to be banned, and here we are, you can’t say you weren’t warned.. While wal mart may have used virtue signaling to cover up poor ammo sales, the real problem is SJW CEO’s who will do everything they can to make things difficult even if it’s illegal, and the public as a whole could give a rats ass less, after all it’s not their ox that’s getting gored. This is going to be a continuous problem in the future.

Depending on a discount store for your ammunition needs was always a weak link, Just like politicians, they all too often are willing to do the wrong thing, if they think they’ll benefit from it. Give Dillon a call, they’ll gladly send you a catalog, and stop depending on some store whose wish-washy ammo polices, could change next week with the threat of a lawsuit from some anti-gun group..
    Last edited by ralph; 09-04-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Hellmart is what made me decide to finally manufacture my own ammo. Every time I'd go to the nearest one to me, I'd be standing there for an hour flagging workers down, them calling on the pa to other workers, then have different workers walk buy after a half hour asking if anyone is helping me. It wasn't once, nor twice, but every single time.

I don't think I've ever been in a hellmart without my pistol for the last 21 years of my life. I don't plan on starting now. I would never go to a hellmart without a pistol at least. Did you see the freaks there?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    I don't think I've ever been in a hellmart without my pistol for the last 21 years of my life. I don't plan on starting now. I would never go to a hellmart without a pistol at least. Did you see the freaks there?
    That's why there's over 2,000 pages on the People of Walmart website.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I'm just a working class guy with a young family. I've got no time to sit in my basement and pump a reloading press. I'm one of the poors, so I buy my ammo 2 to 5 hundred rounds at a time.

All 4 Walmarts in my town sell 150 round boxes of Winchester 124 grain NATO for 27 dollars and 200 round boxes of Federal Champion 115 grain for 33 dollars. It's always in stock and there's always somebody there to sell it to me. I'm in and out in less than 10 minutes. Who competes with that? Nobody, not even SG ammo.

The cracks about Walmart and the people who shop there sound pretty arrogant to me. Are you guys really too good to walk in to a Walmart to buy some of life's mundane shit? Where are you getting your 9 dollar coffee pot to take to work? Or some 2 dollar laundry baskets?

Quote Originally Posted by sandy11B3V5W View Post
    I'm just a working class guy with a young family. I've got no time to sit in my basement and pump a reloading press. I'm one of the poors, so I buy my ammo 2 to 5 hundred rounds at a time.

All 4 Walmarts in my town sell 150 round boxes of Winchester 124 grain NATO for 27 dollars and 200 round boxes of Federal Champion 115 grain for 33 dollars. It's always in stock and there's always somebody there to sell it to me. I'm in and out in less than 10 minutes. Who competes with that? Nobody, not even SG ammo.

The cracks about Walmart and the people who shop there sound pretty arrogant to me. Are you guys really too good to walk in to a Walmart to buy some of life's mundane shit? Where are you getting your 9 dollar coffee pot to take to work? Or some 2 dollar laundry baskets?
    Yeah, the price they sell those Winchester white boxes is pretty hard to beat. And there’s no shipping, aaand you can get it that same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I presume they will continue to sell alcohol and tobacco products...
    And service automobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Nobody else is wondering what exactly "short-barrel rifle ammunition" is?
    Surprised it took until page 2 to ask that, actually...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Wal-Mart Firearms and Ammo Policy Change

I’ve bought a lot of stuff from them. For a few years, they were the only supermarket in my last town.

I had no room for a bench press. During the ‘12 shortage, I made .38s with a Lee hand-held press, which was a major PITA. But it was that or give up shooting matches.

My plan was to slowly build up a good stockpile of range fodder in anticipation of something stupid happening next year. Looks as though I got the timing wrong.

But you have a point: This is going to hurt those who live in rural areas who can’t afford higher-priced stuff. 250 rounds of .38 that were $68 would be north of $100 in a gun shop.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 09-04-2019 at 08:31 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I guess it depends where you live, I live in a very rural place and have to travel 30 miles each way just to get to a Walmart. I have never seen good ammo deals that others here have seen, ever. In fact my local LGS has better ammo prices. Then again most of the meat I see in my nearest Walmart is turning green, and I just took a picture of the clearance frappe with completely rotted strawberries on top.

I have also seen a drunk dude piss right in the beer isle. Guess my Walmart is different though, because I don't know one person who looks forward to going, not one.

You can get into reloading fairly cheap these days and do not need a progressive press that is fully automated to get started. If you only shoot 9mm then it probably isn't worth it.

I have not found a cheaper place for motor oil than Walmart. And now they sell 6 qt Havoline Pro DS ($19 full synthetic) boxes online with free in-store pickup. That means a visit to this big orange tower that automatically coughs up my box. Perfect for my F150. Six quarts in a wine box type thing!

I don't buy much ammo since I shoot 147gr 9mm, although they had a decent price for Win Train last year.

Don't forget 50cal ammo cans are cheap in the stores. Much cheaper than the surplus stuff online.

Locally it's the cheapest place for 9mm ammo and it does suck to lose that option.
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 09-04-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don't understand whom they are trying to appease. The folks who would be cheered by this aren't going to Walmart because they exploit their workers and because Walmart has been gutting their local downtowns.
    Yeah, I thought more about this and you are right, you know...
    The only people that are going to be glad they quit selling ammo are the people that hate them anyway. I think they probably just figure they can quit selling ammo as a way to avoid any possibility that the next fuck face that does some shit like this has a WM receipt in his bloody pocket for some ammo. For this they will forgo about 0.00000001% of 1% of the amount of money they make selling beer and smokes.

User Tag List