Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: RMS Shield red dot

Correct. The Walther uses the RMSc.

I've had mine for about 10 months now as my EDC. No issues at all with the optic. An extremely accurate pistol/optic combo.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

http://instagram.com/p/Bwmxauqhtfd/

Looks like the regular rms will be available with a glass lense soon...assuming it's a carry over/upgrade from the soon to be released rms-w.

edit- apparently it didn't bring over the text portion of the post. If you click on the link it says glass options will soon be available, though they are not listed on the site yet.
    Last edited by backtrail540; 04-23-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

My G43X is on its way back with an RMS-C on top...next stop is the optometrist to see if I can fix the astigmatism to clear up the dot.
    I figure I'll likely upgrade to an RMS-W with glass at some point.

NOTE: I WANT to put an ACRO P1 on my other G43X, but (a) I need a few other guinea pigs to try it first and see what they think, and (b) I kinda want to see the HOLOSUN 509T, even though it's going to be very tall (like DPP height) I think...so it'll be interesting to see if the reticle helps with speed more than the height hurts speed (I find the lower SHIELD reticle is easier to see on the draw than a milled RMR for me).
    Last edited by evi1joe; 05-05-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    My G43X is on its way back with an RMS-C on top...next stop is the optometrist to see if I can fix the astigmatism to clear up the dot.
    I figure I'll likely upgrade to an RMS-W with glass at some point.

NOTE: I WANT to put an ACRO P1 on my other G43X, but (a) I need a few other guinea pigs to try it first and see what they think, and (b) I kinda want to see the HOLOSUN 509T, even though it's going to be very tall (like DPP height) I think...so it'll be interesting to see if the reticle helps with speed more than the height hurts speed (I find the lower SHIELD reticle is easier to see on the draw than a milled RMR for me).
    Who did the machine work for the RMS-C? I’m thinking of that optic for my 48.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Who did the machine work for the RMS-C? I’m thinking of that optic for my 48.
    MKP Arms did it. It's $75 and they often get the gun milled and shipped back within 2-3 days. So far a lot of SIG P365 guys have been happy with them, and they've done a lot SHIELD RMS cuts (the RMS-C uses the same footprint as the RMS). They charge $20 for a slide-cover, and they don't do any coating--so I'll get the G43X done locally with DLC or cerakote.

https://www.mkparmsusa.com/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    MKP Arms did it. It's $75 and they often get the gun milled and shipped back within 2-3 days. So far a lot of SIG P365 guys have been happy with them, and they've done a lot SHIELD RMS cuts (the RMS-C uses the same footprint as the RMS). They charge $20 for a slide-cover, and they don't do any coating--so I'll get the G43X done locally with DLC or cerakote.

https://www.mkparmsusa.com/home.html
    this is high temp engine paint. I painted this slide 1 1/2 years ago. Has been in the Deep South and Michigan winters. Worked damn well for 8$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Any updates on how the Waterproof RMS sights are doing, and/or any of Shield's offerings? I was waiting on a waterproof RMSc for my G43, but it seems like they're not planned at this time.

Also, suggest moving this thread into the Red Dot Sight subforum.
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 08-08-2019 at 04:58 PM.

My RMSc’d PPS M2 is still going strong. Had it over a year now.

Edit to add: I changed the battery once, when I switched it from my PPS to my Q5.
    Last edited by Lon; 08-08-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    How are these holding up? Any word on the W or a glass lens? I want a small dot on a 43X, shield or the sig RZ?

I believe the RMSc and new Romeo 0 share the same mounting footprint.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List