Page 14 of 122 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster review

Site Supporter
    K-Fura,

I didn't notice a difference in how much the loop prints with the ET or non-ET. I'm using the solid kydex loop, which is thiner than the soft loops.

Site Supporter
    Mine shipped today! Looking forward to trying this out.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    I got my JM AIWB rig for my SIG 226R today, and Wow!

A 226 isn't exactly a compact gun, and I was afraid I may have been a little ambitious thinking I could carry one in the same fashion as my M&Ps. Ambitious I was not...Even having used Tony's holsters in the past didn't really prepare me for how good a solution to the 226 problem this holster was going to be. Along the way, Tony seems to be making incremental improvements to the execution of his holsters, and it shows. I'm really pleased.

I ordered the "extra tuck" option this time around, and while it doesn't look substantial when examining the holster, it sure is substantial when the holster is in place. The gun disappears really well in a JM rig to begin with, but the ET option is an awesome enhancement.

Thanks, Tony!

BOM, do you have any pictures of the gun/holster combination out or on your person? I am new to the AIWB world, but I have been looking for the most effective means to conceal my P226 for some time.

Also, any further thoughts you may have since you've had it a while. Thanks.

Goldtop, I'll have some photos for you tomorrow afternoon. I'm not at home, and am currently carrying my gun in a different holster.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I just received my g17 holster and all I can say is WOW. I've been carrying in a cane and derby parradus aiwb rig for about a year now. The JM holster conceals my glock 19 better than I thought was possible! It is car superior to the c&d rig. Part of the difference may be from the different lengths though.

One complaint that it seems like the trigger isn't covered as well. The mag release isn't covered and it appears that the material covering the trigger is lower and more susceptible to getting clothing stuffed into it when reholstering. I'm going to try a different under shirt to see if that solves the problem.

I’ll start my review by giving a little background on the holsters I have used up until now:

Milt Sparks VM2 - HK45C
    TT Gunleather IWB - Glock 30SF
    CompTac MTAC - Glock 17, 20SF, 21SF, 23, 26, 30SF
    Galco Triton (CompTac Infidel clone) – Glock 26
    Cobra Gunskin X2 AIWB (similar to High Noon Mr. Softy) - Glock 26
    High Noon Public Secret AIWB – Glock 26
    Alessi APX AIWB - S&W 442

I’ve been wearing mine for a couple weeks, and I’m nothing short of amazed by this holster. It is by far the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever worn, let alone AIWB. I would have never guessed AIWB could be this comfortable, especially with a full size Glock. Everything about this holster is perfect for me. I can get into my lifted truck & drive more comfortably than I ever have before while carrying. I can bend down and pick stuff up off the ground, pick up my 1y/o daughter & 3y/o son, sit on the couch or the dinner table, clean the pool, do yard work, you name it, I can do it with this holster more comfortably than I’ve ever been able to. Hell, I can even throw some knees and combos & do squats like JJ Raccaza in his video for the Five-O holster. I liked it so much, that I ordered one for my S&W Shield within a day or two of getting it. I already sold my G17 MTAC, and I’ll be listing my G20/21 MTAC as soon as I get around to it. For body type comparison, I'm 6'0, 225lbs with a 48" Chest & 38" waist.

Ride Height:
    The ride height is perfect. It sits as low as possible for me, while still allowing me to get a consistent grip/draw. The other AIWB holsters I’ve tried either sat too high & printed badly (High Noon Public Secret), or sat too low & made the draw difficult/inconsistent (Cobra X2, Alessi APX).

Wedge/Tuck:
    The wedge tucks my G17 against my torso like it was custom fit. It doesn’t stick out at all, and it’s not tucked so hard that it presses into my abdomen.

Extra Tuck:
    The extra tuck also feels custom made for me. Again, it tilts the gun back into my abdomen perfectly & feels like it balances right on the belt. Another benefit to the extra tuck is that it rounds the side of the holster that contacts your body. Instead of having a fairly square edged piece of kydex that sticks & hangs up during movement, the roundness of the extra tuck feature allows the holster to move more freely and not hang up.

Mounting Options:
    I bought the holster with the pull-the-dot snaps, but I also ordered the kydex loop. As I’ve read a few times before, the PTD snaps printed pretty badly for me. I put the kydex loop on, and it’s money. My Wilderness CSM Instructor Belt & 5.11 Kydex Lined Leather Belt fit easily in the kydex loop, and both being polymer/kydex lined, they’re thicker than the standard 5-Stitch.

Last edited by MEAT; 09-09-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Site Supporter
    I've been wearing mine for a little over a week and couldn't be happier with it. I knew there was a way to make AIWB work for me, after trying a few holsters with no luck, this is the ticket. I'm 5'10'' and only weigh 155lbs with a 31" waist, this conceal's my M&P9 FS without any issues. Still trying to decide what position I want to wear my belt buckle at, I think i've settled on 2ish for now. I was impressed with JM when I got my mag pouch and OWB, I won't be ordering kydex from anyone else now.

They sure are good looking too.

Still loving my holster. Been carrying with a t shirt lately without any real issues. These damn leather loops print like crazy though.. I may have to order a lured loop to try out.

Comfort is very good. I'll be making a 5 hour drive in a few weeks and will report back on comfort.

I just ordered one...excited to see what all the fuss is about!

User Tag List