Page 10 of 309 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 picture thread

Springfield GI worked over by Grizzly Custom when they were still doing 1911's. Sold to an acquaintance who refuses to sell it back to me no matter what I offer him for it LOL

Combat Government, never did get around to fixing the horrid rear sight a previous owner installed. The tape was my doing though

Only picture I can find of my Baer TRS. Damn fine gun, would eat anything, even empty brass. Grip safety was also taped down with electrical tape, which drove some people nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Finished the re-build on my Kimber Stainless.

Of course, I scraped off a ton of paint from the trigger trying to re-fit everything after DuraCoat. But it's ok, I didn't throw anything this time because of it. Just lots of profanity.

frogs for the frogman. love it
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

The new addition. A Springfield Armory Compact. Looks like I need to take some better cell phone pics

Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Cool

Guncrafter: best I've owned by far.

SA Custom Shop 9mn Cop Special

Baer TRS

NHC Predator II

Customized SA Operator

Upgraded SA RO. My current carry 1911

Here it is after a long, hard range session before I had it Cerakoted.

Sorry don't know why that pic above is sideways. Will fix later.
    Last edited by Blayglock; 07-12-2012 at 09:04 PM.

I didn't have the proper tools to fit the TechWell mag well I got for my Trojan, so I ended up with a set of nasty looking grip panels... This weekend I had a chance to replace them. I dumped the TechWell for now, but I'm sure I'll get a low profile mag well later on. Anyway, I had some Desert Ironwood laying around that I hadn't managed to put on a knife yet, so I scavenged.

Before:

After:

My hard chromed Les Baer TRS...

I installed and fitted the S&A slim magwell, 10-8 Gen II slide release and extended mag release myself.
    About 500 rounds into the 2000 round challenge, not bobbles yet.
    Last edited by Firestickfilms; 07-22-2012 at 06:46 PM.

New Toy

blr- that is a good looking gun. Nice and simple without a lot of frills. Who built it?

I was going through some old photos today and came across this one. Springfield 9mm that I purchased 7-8 years ago. I bought it mainly as a fun gun but it has done really well in the hands of ladies and younger people who wanted to try a lower recoiling 1911.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    blr- that is a good looking gun. Nice and simple without a lot of frills. Who built it?

I was going through some old photos today and came across this one. Springfield 9mm that I purchased 7-8 years ago. I bought it mainly as a fun gun but it has done really well in the hands of ladies and younger people who wanted to try a lower recoiling 1911.
    Those are nice guns - I have one that was converted into a 9x23.

RE: The Colt - that is a product of the Colt Custom Shop. It started life out as a stainless S80 gun, and was modified by the CS as per the "Tactical Package." As such, it was made by Ritchie. As a side note, the CCS will be adding some pistolsmiths over the next year. And the wait has gone from about 6 months to 1 year now.

In fact, that particular gun is, was, the gun Colt took to gun shows (like SHOT) to display their Custom Shop work and is lettered as such. It's unreal how nice that package is. It's two tone Cerakote, 20lpi (90 degree diamonds - as it should be) with the nicked corners carry bevel. I much prefer that to the full bevel as seen by Wilson Combat.

My only complaint with it is that it does not have a NM barrel

This will be my primary gun for upcoming Gunsite and US Training classes. I cannot remember who here gave the tumbs up to UST, but they were absolutely right. It's first rate and then some. One of the top 3 IMHO.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Make sure you keep an eye on the tack welds on your mag floorplates!

Attachment 927
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List