Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle camera / Dashboard camera recorders

I’ve had the viofo a119 in my company vehicle for a year and a few months now. Running a Lexar 64G memory card.

The adhesive Mount is so good it had to stay with my old vehicle when the company upgraded me last month. Went with the suction cup version to replace it.

For me it does exactly what I need it to. No issues with it

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    The Anker Roav Dash Cam C1 Pro is currently $75 as a Prime Day deal:

https://amzn.to/2NWxaP9

Attachment 28135

This is a higher (2K) resolution version of the units I have and have been extremely pleased with.
    Hell of a deal, if i didn't already have 2 units id be buying that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Where did you find that information?
    Sorry, was off for a week getting my knees lubed and just catching up. Got a notification from Z-edge. Either on their Amazon page or their web page there was an email subscription for advanced notice of lightning deals.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Sorry, was off for a week getting my knees lubed and just catching up. Got a notification from Z-edge. Either on their Amazon page or their web page there was an email subscription for advanced notice of lightning deals.
    No sweat, I was just wondering of there was some secret squirrel Amazon page I was missing. We went with the Rexing VLG1 for the wife's car, as I wanted her to have the rear view camera as well. Most common negative comment is that the commercial tape that comes with it is too strong, so we got some heavy duty Velcro instead...
    Last edited by Drang; 07-25-2018 at 04:42 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Any recommendations on a smooth discreet way to power a dash cam without running an ugly wire to the 12v outlet?
    Some reasonably possible self install way to wire it into the car?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Any recommendations on a smooth discreet way to power a dash cam without running an ugly wire to the 12v outlet?
    I’d run wire to the fuse box and use a fuse tap. https://www.wirthco.com/fuserelateda...useblocks.html

If there is a fuse in the lighter plug that you will not be using, it would be good to add a similar in-line fuse to your new wiring.

Check Amazon to see if there's a direct-wire assembly available for your model. There is one for the model I linked to in the post immediately before yours.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Earlier in the thread, someone suggested:

Autek DC Converter Buck Module 12V convert to 5V usb output power adapter(DCCON-5U-0)

to hook up to a convenient 12V key-switch source. Just don't do what I did and do the install at night and find out that the 12v wire you hooked to is part of the automatic illumination system.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I really didn't read all the 11 pages, and maybe someone mentions the following brands.

Two top brands I'm familiar with are Blackvue and the Momento M-5, both well made this are not toys.

Research this brand and you will understand why you pay more but you get a lot more for your money.

These are still good to go right?

Roav Anker Dash Cam C1 Pro, 2K Resolution 2560X1440, Built-in GPS/WiFi, 2.4" LCD, 4-Lane Wide-Angle View Lens, G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording, 2-Port Charger, 32G microSD Card, Easy Sharing

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072FVX74Q..._rYW5Bb1JR8CAA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List