Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-Round 9mm Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'll definitely check both of these out. There's a very well-stocked rental range not far from my house.

Any thoughts on the G30S?

Okie John
    I just got a 30S for exactly this reason. I’m only 500 rounds into it, but I’m undecided at this point. It carries pretty nice, I’d probably get it again over a regular Glock 30 for that reason.

I think I might have been happier with a Glock 26 or VP9SK though. I shot 170 rounds at the range in an hour this week and was performing noticeably worse by the end. I think in a 1 hour range session 100-150 rounds may be my limit with this gun.

Accuracy wise I shoot it as well or better than a 19. I haven’t been able to get it on a timer yet so no comment on any split time difference.

I will say it handles 230 gr +p HST better than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellow WA resident here, already pricing a WC Government 9mm and will be ordering some G43 extensions to vet out.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 11-08-2018 at 11:35 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I went with HK in part because of California's 10-round limit. I've had a pair of P2000's and a P2000sk go thousands of rounds each with only one stoppage between all of them, and that was due to a visibly out of round WWB FMJ bullet.

Seems like a questionable economic decision by Glock not to do something about their 10-round mags. As irrational as some of California's laws are, a lot of people still shoot Glock here, they're the most common pistols at all the local ranges and at every in-state training class I've been to... at one in Alameda County a few years back, it was 22 guys with Glocks and me with HKs. That's a lot of potential magazine sales they're missing out on, in the fifth largest economy in the world.

Of course who knows, maybe with our new incoming anti-gun governor I'll be happy I have revolvers within a few years.

During the AWB in the 92, a lot of us went through what you are going through. I kept a few standard capacity handguns as they were grandfathered. New purchases were focused on single stack guns.

H&K P7M8
    Walther P5c
    Sig P225
    Kahr K9

Or neutered compacts like H&K USP Compact, P229/228, Beretta 92C

If you can’t carry as many rounds, carry bigger and look at the 45s

H&K USP45, 45, 45C
    Walther PPQ 45
    S&W M&P 45
    Cz97
    Sig P220

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Maybe I'm naive but clause 1 of the Constitution prohibits ex post facto laws

I am faced with the same dilemma in Colorado. I bought as many 15 round magazines as I could afford and kept the receipts to prove when I bought them.
    Ex post facto means the gov't can't pass a law and charge you with something that was legal prior to the passing of the bill.

It has no bearing on criminalizing an act after the passage of the law. So, ex post facto means they can't pass a bill tomorrow making 15 round mags illegal and charge you because you owned them today and yesterday, which is prior to the magazines being made illegal. It would only apply to possession/purchasing of 15 round mags after the bill is signed into law.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Ex post facto means the gov't can't pass a law and charge you with something that was legal prior to the passing of the bill.

It has no bearing on criminalizing an act after the passage of the law. So, ex post facto means they can't pass a bill tomorrow making 15 round mags illegal and charge you because you owned them today and yesterday, which is prior to the magazines being made illegal. It would only apply to possession/purchasing of 15 round mags after the bill is signed into law.
    Yeah, that's kind of my point.

Yeah, that's kind of my point.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you posted, but what I took from it is that you feel ex post facto would keep you safe after a bill is passed which criminalizes the ownership of 15 round mags......which isn't how ex post facto works, it would only prevent you from being charged for ownership of said mags prior to the passage of the bill. They can still charge you for possession of the mags after the passage of the bill.

A certain bill can "grandfather" outlawed items, but that's an entirely different tree than ex post facto, and is not a Constitutional guarantee like ex post facto.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Fellow WA resident here, already pricing a WC Government 9mm and will be ordering some G43 extensions to vet out.
    They make a WIley Clapp govt 9mm ?
    Last edited by HCM; 11-09-2018 at 02:13 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you posted, but what I took from it is that you feel ex post facto would keep you safe after a bill is passed which criminalizes the ownership of 15 round mags......which isn't how ex post facto works, it would only prevent you from being charged for ownership of said mags prior to the passage of the bill. They can still charge you for possession of the mags after the passage of the bill.

A certain bill can "grandfather" outlawed items, but that's an entirely different tree than ex post facto, and is not a Constitutional guarantee like ex post facto.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I thought the whole point of that clause is that you can't tell me that the 15-round magazine I bought today is illegal for me to own tomorrow. You can tell me I can't buy another one tomorrow but you can't tell me that the one I already have is illegal for me to possess. That's my understanding of ex post facto laws.

I know the magazine ban in Colorado specifically did grandfather in magazines purchased before July 1st of 2013 but if you have a "pre ban" magazine now you can't transfer it to somebody else unless the person you're transferring it to is one of the exemptions.

I also know that enforcement has been pretty much non-existent. I think the only two people that were charged were already prohibited possessors and the DA was just looking for extra charges to add. However, since Colorado has gone waaaay blue this week I expect that to change.

I also make a point of not carrying any magazines that's greater than 15 rounds regardless of when I bought it just to avoid the hassle
    Last edited by Cypher; 11-09-2018 at 02:29 AM.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I thought the whole point of that clause is that you can't tell me that the 15-round magazine I bought today illegal for me to own tomorrow. You can tell me I can't buy another one tomorrow but you can't tell me that the one I already have is illegal for me to possess. That's my understanding of ex post facto laws.
    Nope.

Scenario One: fictional Country of Antigunistan, which has no ex post facto clause:

From the beginning of time until Nov 1st 2018, 15 round magazines have been legal to own. The evil czar takes control of government, and in his plan to destroy gun culture in Antigunistan, he passes a law on Nov 1st that makes it illegal to own 15 round magazines. In addition, he retroactively criminalizes the possession of 15 round magazines prior to November 1st, even before the ban went into place. He throws you in jail, because even though you properly disposed of your 15 round magazines to the authorities on October 28th in anticipation of the law, you are still in violation of the retroactive criminalization, having possessed 15 round mags at all.

Scenario Two: United States of America, which has ex post facto protections:

From the beginning of time until Nov 1st, 2018, 15 round magazines have been legal to own. The evil czar of Antigunistan was actually born in America, and after living here for so many years he gets elected President. He hits up congress for a hardcore anti-gun bill, which criminalizes the possession of 15 round magazines. Due to ex post facto protections, the Czar and Congress can not retroactively criminalize the ownership of 15 round mags prior to Nov 1st...they can only criminalize the possession of 15 round mags (including ones you bought prior to the law going into effect) after November 1st.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-09-2018 at 02:37 AM.

User Tag List