Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked: HK VP9B - Button Mag Release

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    You must have thumbs the length of Peally's toy at the end of his video. Seriously though I would think you are a minority. I myself use trigger finger or pinch technique, (thumb and index). Most people I know or have seen do one of those two.
    I have M/L hands depending on the glove. To me using my middle or trigger finger feels awkward. I slightly rotate the gun in my grip and drop the msg with my thumb. Same as I do on every other semi-auto pistol I own. To each their own though, use whatever works!
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Am I in the minority of HK shooters that use their thumb to actuate the paddle release? Use it just like a button...no issue
    You aren't alone.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Am I in the minority of HK shooters that use their thumb to actuate the paddle release? Use it just like a button...no issue
    I use my thumb as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I use my thumb and middle (social interaction) finger to pinch actuate the mag release. My trigger finger indexes the frame. I do however, have big hands/long fingers.
    Polite Professional

Looks like I might have spoken too soon. I always found that trying to use the thumb required too much shifting of the gun and more to reattain my grip afterwards I always felt like it was a bunch of unnecessary movement, (concerns for muzzle awareness as well) but it doesn't help that I have midget digits. For those of you with longer thumbs are you still having to shift the gun inboard when using thumbs?

injury, arthritis, and hand sizing (in order of decreasing detriment) prevent me from using my thumbs on the paddles. hence my social finger usage.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Looks like I might have spoken too soon. I always found that trying to use the thumb required too much shifting of the gun and more to reattain my grip afterwards I always felt like it was a bunch of unnecessary movement, (concerns for muzzle awareness as well) but it doesn't help that I have midget digits. For those of you with longer thumbs are you still having to shift the gun inboard when using thumbs?
    Yes I shift the gun inboard slightly but I also do that with all pistols. Gives me more leverage over the mag button/paddle and just feels “natural” for whatever that’s worth. I’m not gonna dive into the whole “shifting vs. not shifting” your grip mag release subject because that’s something worthy of its own thread.
    Shoot more, post less...

@MSparks909 agreed no point in detracting. Thanks though.

Same magazines. You can see the way it works in the manual posted in this HK pro thread: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...l#post34221786

Hammertime

Leaked: HK VP9B - Button Mag Release

Quote Originally Posted by raks View Post
    Same magazines. You can see the way it works in the manual posted in this HK pro thread: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...l#post34221786
    Direct link to PDF page 50:

https://www.heckler-koch.com/no_cach...wnload%5D=1006

Link to promotional flyer. I can’t figure out how to post as image.

https://www.geekgunman.com/images/PushButton.pdf

“Depending on your shooting style, you can choose between a European-style ambidextrous paddle mag release or the new US-style reversible button.”

HK, in typical German fashion, has figured out how to keep same magazines and give users a choice of unilateral push button or bilateral paddle mag releases. Good on them! I hope the VP9 takes off.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 10-05-2018 at 04:58 PM.

User Tag List