Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: How to tell you're getting old

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
    You are GETTING old when you stop reading those threads.
    Because you can't hold the laptop far enough away to read the print any longer?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I just wish I could sleep through the damn night instead of waking up at 3:30 no matter what time I go to bed.
    Amen brother, Amen. And I pee like a Morgan horse no matter how much or little intake before bed.....
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Somewhere in South Dakota 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I always wore a full face helmet... I like not being coated in bug guts.
    Name:  Somewhere in SD 2013.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  65.2 KB
    Last edited by mmc45414; 09-03-2018 at 03:09 PM.

I'm pushing age 71 pretty hard, and last year I had open heart surgery, could not breathe on my own after surgery and was kept going with a ventilator for 6 days. Then into intensive care for another week, during which time I was diagnosed with pneumonia. Six weeks after the open heart surgery, I had spine surgery.

So . . . . . every day is a blessing, and age is only what you allow it to be.

However, when I shoot IDPA matches, I seem to be in the company of fellow shooters who:

1. Act as though even the slightest exposure to lead from shooting, handling ammunition, or reloading is akin to dealing with a nuclear reactor meltdown
    2. Refer to a lot of my equipment and gear as "old school"
    3. Are in awe of the "terrible" recoil generated by the .40 S&W cartridge
    4. Talk about "shooting shoes"
    5. Have no idea who Jeff Cooper, Elmer Keith, Skeeter Skelton, or Bill Jordan were
    6. Refer to bullets as "bullet heads" and cartridges as "bullets"
    7. Are likely younger than some of the hand loaded .45 ACP ammunition in my gun room
    8. Think I'm bullshitting them when I tell them practical shooting matches used to be called "combat matches", were timed with a stop watch, and stages of fire started with a whistle
    9. Don't remember ever using ear protection that was not electronically enhanced

Sigh . . . . . .

Because you can't hold the laptop far enough away to read the print any longer?
    Not a problem for old people. They've been around long enough to know how to use the ctrl key and the scroll button at once.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Kids now with on-demand and Internet and all that will never know the horror of the POTUS ruining your cartoon specials. Or not having several channels dedicated just to cartoons.
    They will also never know the joy of a Saturday morning filled with pure, raw, senseless, gratuitous mouse-on-cat violence.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ryan View Post
    Not a problem for old people. They've been around long enough to know how to use the ctrl key and the scroll button at once.
    What does that do? I use Ctrl +

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    What does that do? I use Ctrl +
    Is your arm broken?

Site Supporter
    When you remember Walter Cronkite telling you most of the news you need to know if 15 minutes.

When you still want to read a newspaper (probably before you use the bidet).

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    When you remember Walter Cronkite telling you most of the news you need to know if 15 minutes.

When you still want to read a newspaper (probably before you use the bidet).
    Now, they spend 15 minutes telling you the story is upcoming.

As to the newspaper, I figured that is why we don't have bidet's prevalent in this country, hence same shit, different day.

User Tag List