Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is my G43 worth keeping?

Banned
    My bad. I've been hearing that the 19X only takes 19X magazine because of the baseplate.

Doesn't the ban exemption only apply to weapons used for duty. For example I couldn't buy a 17 round magazine based on being in the Army (I'm not anymore)

I sold my G19 Gen4 after I bought my G43. It's what I carry in my right pocket and a spare magazine in the left. After a Kahr magazine self-ejected on me I always carry a spare.
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 08-20-2018 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yep. My 19 is actually my least favorite Glock, and my 43 my most favorite. I shoot them equally well.
    Can you give an example of what shooting you do equally well?

I shot a 43 over the weekend with a TTI extension but still I found it generally difficult to shoot as well as the other 9mn Glocks.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 08-20-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Doesn't the ban exemption only apply to weapons used for duty. For example I couldn't buy a 17 round magazine based on being in the Army (I'm not anymore)
    Nope. Basically, if you carry a gun for a government agency (including being in the military I believe) you can buy >15 round mags for anything. I also forgot to mention that some gun shops just mod the mags to only take 15 rounds. A friend of mine bought a S&W SD9 and the gun store pinned the mags or something so they could only hold 15 rounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Nope. Basically, if you carry a gun for a government agency (including being in the military I believe) you can buy >15 round mags for anything. I also forgot to mention that some gun shops just mod the mags to only take 15 rounds. A friend of mine bought a S&W SD9 and the gun store pinned the mags or something so they could only hold 15 rounds.
    I know of a couple shops in Colorado Springs that will flat out sell you a 17 round magazine. I don't agree with the law at all but I'm not willing to risk a criminal record even for a misdemeanor for two rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I know of a couple shops in Colorado Springs that will flat out sell you a 17 round magazine. I don't agree with the law at all but I'm not willing to risk a criminal record even for a misdemeanor for two rounds
    Yeah, I wouldn't either. I'm exempt though, thankfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Me and the G43 don’t get along. I traded out of mine after 2 range trips. Only you will know for sure, but you couldn’t give me a 43 today. There are other options in the small NPE 9mm flavor.

I personally hate the 43, but carry one almost daily. Its just small enough to fill the deep concealment niche for me while still shooting a "real" bullet. I much preferred the shield, but it was just a tad bigger and that size difference was just enough to make it too big for things like ankle and pocket carry. If I'm carrying a belt gun, it's a G19 or up.

My G43 is my favorite Glock. It’s not one that I carry offen, because I, too, prefer a bigger grip and more rounds on tap. But those times where the bigger gun isn’t feasible, this fits the bill.

Is my G43 worth keeping?

Thanks gents. Hadn’t considered the CO law yet; I’ll be living near CO and traveling there a lot. I work for an exempted agency but I wouldn’t be on duty or in uniform in CO. In any case, I could just bring my 19 with its 15-round mags when I travel there.

I was thinking 19X over 17 because it will fit in my 19 holsters. And it’s more comfortable to AIWB a shorter barrel. It also comes with 3 mags, night sights, and a slightly extended slide release.

I really don’t anticipate being in any NPE. Probably the best use for the 43 would be for hiking/mountain biking due to its light weight. But again, not sure I’d trust myself to effectively hit a snake or cougar with it (practice practice practice), and six rounds doesn’t last long against a bad guy.

Edited to add: I have large hands; I’m a tall skinny guy. My long fingers may contribute to pulling those shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 08-21-2018 at 06:30 AM.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

User Tag List