Page 66 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta introducing a Langdon Tactical 92!

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    I'd be interested in this (potentially)

The main thing is that I would like mecgar to make 15 Rd flush compact Beretta 92 mags. Going from 18 to 13 rounds is a huge drop for just shaving a little off the grip.

I'd be happy with a centurion that had a smooth and straight dust cover, flat msh, and just generally shaved off weight compared to the Wilson version.
    Yeah for weight savings it would have to go with no rail, but the rail may help to sell better. I was thinking with the bevels on the LTT frame that on the compact it would allow one to get the fingers a little higher into the trigger guard to make the most of the real estate. I probably wouldn't mind trying out a Cen Tac slide and barrel for my LTT frame. My only concern is if a slightly shorter slide alone is enough for a ton of people to own both. Some will, but I would think more people would choose one or the other. And are people who are buying the LTT, because they are wanting the shorter slide?

Quote Originally Posted by incogneato View Post
    Does it have to be "instead" , rather than "in addition to"?

Actually, my complete wish list is this...

1. The LTT as available now. I'm expecting delivery ~ first week of August.
    2. Same as #1, but all black w/night sights.
    3. Same as #2, but with threaded barrel.
    4. Same as #2, but Centurion size.
    5. Same as #2, but Compact size.

While I'm at it, I'll add a variation based on a Cougar, rather than a 90 series. I can't explain it, but I want one.
    You are right, I would like #4 and #5 at some point. It's a matter starting at extremes and moving to the middle or moving down in size incrementally.
    I would not mind a Centurion slide to go with my LTT frame, it would be much more cost effective to me.
    But as for #2, I counter: http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/barr...ed-bbl/jb92th/

I'm wondering if BUSA will continue to focus on the 92 platform or if they will maybe turn their attention to something like improving the APX
    Last edited by dtrice; 07-19-2018 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrice View Post
    You are right, I would like #4 and #5 at some point. It's a matter starting at extremes and moving to the middle or moving down in size incrementally.
    I would not mind a Centurion slide to go with my LTT frame, it would be much more cost effective to me.
    But as for #2, I counter: http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/barr...ed-bbl/jb92th/ Did you mean #3? I suppose I could do a barrel swap on a #2 and keep the original barrel as a spare, but I'd want a dedicated SR pistol

I'm wondering if BUSA will continue to focus on the 92 platform or if they will maybe turn their attention to something like improving the APX
    I hope they'll keep the 90 series alive. DA/SA guns seem to be enjoying a resurgence in popularity, and while I could see them reducing the number of models, I think it would be foolish to drop them altogether. I was fascinated when the APX was announced; even bought the Beretta-licensed BB gun to hold me over untill the real ones shipped. My "real" APX was from the first shipment, but unfortunately, there are several things I do not like about it, and I only keep it as a novelty. OTOH, the LTT checks all my boxes (except my preference for all-black w/night sights), and I think it would behoove them to adopt it as a standard model. Then again, all that is the opinion of one person, and I may not be in the majority.

Can we push for a Langdon Compact instead? Shortened vertec slide with the compact grip? Little lighter and smaller for carry. Basically the old Wilson compact carry but when the Centurion slide or Cen Tac with compact frame, however you'd phrase it.
    I sell every handgun I own and replace them with Langdon Compacts (call 'em LTC?) and LTTs immediately if such a thing was so much as announced. And this is coming from someone who has AGAIN rotated back to the Glock 19 after dabbling with other platforms.

Hey, hey, hey...... Enough of all this sidearm talk. No more LTT pistols until the LTT 1301 Comp with 18.5" vent rib barrel hits the street. And yes, I've got an LTT 92G Elite on order. Supporting the man who can make this happen.

Can we push for a Langdon Compact instead? Shortened vertec slide with the compact grip? Little lighter and smaller for carry. Basically the old Wilson compact carry but when the Centurion slide or Cen Tac with compact frame, however you'd phrase it.
    That and someone make a 15 round magazine, and you might have the perfect CCW. I really like my Wilson compact carry, but being able to change the front sight and get 2 more rounds (without a standard 92 magazine size) would be epic!

Trust me I am listening to all of this. Everyone cannot get what they want, because someone will want something that just will not be possible or smart for the mass market, but I a going to try to come very close.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    Hey, hey, hey...... Enough of all this sidearm talk. No more LTT pistols until the LTT 1301 Comp with 18.5" vent rib barrel hits the street. And yes, I've got an LTT 92G Elite on order. Supporting the man who can make this happen.
    Still pushing this, but Beretta Italy is not convinced that it is worth doing.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

The 92 is not going anywhere, trust me on that.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by incogneato View Post
    Does it have to be "instead" , rather than "in addition to"?

Actually, my complete wish list is this...

1. The LTT as available now. I'm expecting delivery ~ first week of August.
    2. Same as #1, but all black w/night sights.
    3. Same as #2, but with threaded barrel.
    4. Same as #2, but Centurion size.
    5. Same as #2, but Compact size (no rail).

While I'm at it, I'll add a variation based on a Cougar, rather than a 90 series. I can't explain it, but I want one.
    #2 is easy, grip screws, standard steel trigger, and cerakote the barrel, add spartan sights, done.
    #3 same as above but with the threaded barrel that Beretta already sells.

It is just a matter of a few upgrades.

Now it's back to work for me. I have trigger jobs to do!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List