Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Who exactly is Verticalscope?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    They have no idea (nor concern) about what kind of fora they're hoovering up. All they sell is eyeballs.
    So it would seem that they collect eyeballs too because they sell ad services to other forums. Another forum I'm on uses their "ad provider" services, however the hell that works. I guess if they can't horn in on a forum they just sell it the ad engine service, put that traffic in their bag, and call it a day. It's kind of shrewd if you stop and think about it. It's like compound interest only with internet traffic. Kind of gives their company name literal meaning.

Verticalscope finished off an ailing local forum here in Utah via neglect. I hope they don't do the same thing to their more recent acquisitions.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Glock Talk gave us Gecko 45
    Weirdly enough...since I posted in that thread...I wound up working at a gun store with that guy about four years later.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I haven't spent much time on GT. I'm seriously hoping he's just a high-quality comedic troll.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I haven't spent much time on GT. I'm seriously hoping he's just a high-quality comedic troll.
    It was the original and most famous gun forum troll.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Verticalscope finished off an ailing local forum here in Utah via neglect. I hope they don't do the same thing to their more recent acquisitions.
    The search function at my fancy-pants german car forum has been broken for a couple days. The regulars are not too happy about it as there does not seem to be any admin responses in the "its broke" thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Weirdly enough...since I posted in that thread...I wound up working at a gun store with that guy about four years later.
    Are you the one that said "If plan A is to take multiple .338 hits in the back you really need to come up with a plan B"?

And are you saying that you actually know who started that?
    Last edited by Cypher; 07-03-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    She does. I only know him from the internet (not as Gecko45 but as a regular guy, we're Facebook "friends") and he's a cool dude.
    I made a promise to myself, that if I ever met him, I would buy him a beer. He did outstanding work.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    She does. I only know him from the internet (not as Gecko45 but as a regular guy, we're Facebook "friends") and he's a cool dude.

Well then, I'm sure you're aware of the whole mystique behind nobody knew who this guy was. And I finally found somebody who does.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Are you the one that said "If plan A is to take multiple .338 hits in the back you really need to come up with a plan B"?
    No, I want to say that was a pharmacist dude who posted as "Dispenser 4 Hire".

And are you saying that you actually know who started that?
    Yeah. I was staying up late one night and used Wayback Machine to look up the original mall ninja page that started right after that GT thread, and recognized one of my coworkers in the photo of "Gecko45".

User Tag List