Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 2010 RAV4. Soliciting advice for replacement

Seriously - someone buy that VTec-swapped Mini before I do...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Do they offer it with a stick?

(I hear Stephanie knocking at my door...donning ghillie suit)

You do know, I hope, that Subaru is the unofficial state car of Vermont?

(And yes, for aging lesbians.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Here ya go man - http://www.wirewheel.com/1966-Austin...-For-Sale.html

Full roll cage, six point harnesses, AWD, and a horsepower-to-weight ratio that will make sure you never get hit, because no one will ever catch you. And this will definitely fit in your garage.

Don't leave home without an extra pair of pants.
    And if you do get into an accident, all they’ll have to do is weld a set of handles onto the balled-up wreck and drop the whole shebang into a grave.

Damn the iPhone Typos!
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Good to know. The 2.0XT sounds like it might be up my alley, assuming that uses a chain too. I'll see what's on the market.
    Don't fear the belt, they are very durable and totally silent. It's not the belt that fails, but usually an idler pulley that eventually seizes and destroys the belt. I changed mine at 105,000 miles and it looked fine, but one idler pully had some minor bearing play in it.

Don't get bit by the mod bug if you end up with an XT - it can quickly become an expensive obsession. Having a sleeper grocery-getter SUV that goes like a snowmobile in the winter and is as fast as a Corvette becomes very addicting.

Site Supporter
    The 4runner and Highlander come with full time 4wd but on their higher end trims.

The CR-V is cheaper for a comparable year and mileage to either the RAV4 or the Subaru offerings, at least in my area. The new 2017 redesign CRVs with the turbo are larger, get better mileage than the previous CR-V, and have a very car like ride. Get out and test drive all your choices. If you find a large dealership in your area they may have all the options you’re looking at for you to drive, and you can get it done in one stop. If you need any tips on how to get a good deal send me a PM, I’ll help if I can. *car sales hat off*

That Subaru XT is...wow. I may be smitten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for the 4runner. Mine is a 2011 SR5 Trail Limited 4WD. Could not be happier, decent performer both on and off road, it may last longer than I will.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    IMO, 4Runner would be a good choice - especially if you do any off-roading beyond dirt roads. If I was in the position to get a new vehicle for myself, I'd be giving the 4Runner a serious look.

You may also want to take a look at the Subaru Outback while you're at it - long-lasting, excellent quality, top scores for crash rating and their AWD systems are very capable.
    I just got a new Outback. There are many on the used market in his price range. Years in the future I'll be sorely tempted to build it out a bit.

Attachment 26999
    Last edited by JHC; 06-11-2018 at 06:09 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I just got a new Outback. There are many on the used market in his price range. Years in the future I'll be sorely tempted to build it out a bit.

Attachment 26999
    Congrats on the Outback!

The aftermarket support for Subaru, whether you want to go fast or go off-road, is extensive. Even when my 2007 Forester XT was stock right after I purchased it new, it acquitted itself amazingly well in the soft sand of Fire Island, NY. We had previously ran a 1996 Jeep Cherokee and a 2000 Grand Cherokee so I had first-hand point-of-reference to driving two other very capable vehicles in soft sand. The looks we got out there in the Forester were priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    The 4runner and Highlander come with full time 4wd but on their higher end trims.
    The 4Runner only has full time 4WD on the Limited...which is more of the soccer mom version of the 4Runner. I don't know anything about the Highlander.

(No offense intended toward anyone who owns one.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List