Page 87 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Are you guys still seeing better performance out of the compact than full size?

What’s the consensus on the subcompact?
    We have 7,319 rounds on our SubCompact 9 with no problems. Very reliable.

With ~13,000 rounds on a full size 9 and 15,605 on our Compact 9... they are both great performers.

I guess I have to go get one.

Kicking off the year I sold my full size so I could pick up the compact. I couldn’t make up my mind on which one I wanted so I finally settled on the compact in FDE mid may.

Name:  698BAD1B-6A64-4FD9-A6C9-C82C2CEF4638.jpg
Views: 1095
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  A1AC3FB4-89D8-4623-AD41-6F178AF5F4D6.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  57.9 KB
    Sent from a mobile device; please excuse any typographical errors.

I really do miss that full size PX4. Only thing I ever really changed was the metallic guide rod form beretta and the SD cam block, but I felt it shot "softer” after swapping those parts out. Maybe I just need to get used to my PX4C but I felt I was a better shot with full size even before swapping out those parts.
    Sent from a mobile device; please excuse any typographical errors.

Site Supporter

Full Size PX4 15 Round Mags?

Looks like I'll be going to Colorado the second half of next month to ride my bike up mountains. Apparently, CO has a 15-round mag limit, so the dozen 17-rounders I have have to stay home. I have numerous options for carry guns - I've been wearing/shooting my Sig P6 the last few days, have M&Ps in .40 and .45, and 4" K-, L- and N-frame S&Ws I could take. But I've gotten awfully fond of my PX4s, so I was thinking about getting a couple of 15-round mags from Beretta so I could carry one while there. Does anyone have experience with them? Are they as reliable as the 17-rounders?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Looks like I'll be going to Colorado the second half of next month to ride my bike up mountains. Apparently, CO has a 15-round mag limit, so the dozen 17-rounders I have have to stay home. I have numerous options for carry guns - I've been wearing/shooting my Sig P6 the last few days, have M&Ps in .40 and .45, and 4" K-, L- and N-frame S&Ws I could take. But I've gotten awfully fond of my PX4s, so I was thinking about getting a couple of 15-round mags from Beretta so I could carry one while there. Does anyone have experience with them? Are they as reliable as the 17-rounders?
    I haven't shot mine a lot but they worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I haven't shot mine a lot but they worked fine.
    I’ve put plenty of rounds through mine... work great. All they do is put indents at the lower end of the magazine so rounds can’t stack that far.

NJ is a 15 rounder state... likely changing in the next 180 or so days to 10 founders. I will probably send all my 10+ rounders out of state to my godmother’s until I move... and pick them up on my way out. I likely won’t be buying 10 rounders for my guns, so I’ll have a bunch of guns without magazines for a little bit.

I know a guy who doesn’t worry much with capacity limits....

Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I know a guy who doesn’t worry much with capacity limits....
    That’s all well and good... but I’m not chancing a felony charge, which would result in me not being about to possess firearms for the rest of my life. Add in a career in L/E that would also be down the drain due to it.

Don’t agree with the legislation that is sitting on the Governor’s desk... but if it becomes law, I have to follow it until I leave. Property outside of NJ is exempt from NJ law.

That being said... too far off topic for me to continue.
    Last edited by Screwball; 06-11-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I’ve put plenty of rounds through mine... work great. All they do is put indents at the lower end of the magazine so rounds can’t stack that far.

NJ is a 15 rounder state... likely changing in the next 180 or so days to 10 founders. I will probably send all my 10+ rounders out of state to my godmother’s until I move... and pick them up on my way out. I likely won’t be buying 10 rounders for my guns, so I’ll have a bunch of guns without magazines for a little bit.
    Ordered a pair. It’ll be nice to carry familiar stuff.

User Tag List