Page 47 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    I have to thank all those who recommended Eagle Rare. It's some great swill!

Attachment 22770
    Where'd you find the plug-in version? We don't get that one here...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    If you enjoy Wellers and Buffalo Trace, try Very Old Barton, if you can find it.
    Ignore its (low, low) price and position on the bottom shelf. It's quite good.

Story I was told was that one of the makers of Wellers started his own business. Haven't bothered trying to verify.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I’ve really enjoyed Buffalo Trace. I stopped drinking bourbon for close to 20 years because I liked it a little too much. Now that I’m (significantly older) sipping high quality bourbon is a nice treat once in a while.

Eagle Rare is next on my list. At some point I want to branch out and try some Bulleit Rye and Four Roses. For now though I see myself keeping Buffalo Trace around.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I’ve really enjoyed Buffalo Trace. I stopped drinking bourbon for close to 20 years because I liked it a little too much. Now that I’m (significantly older) sipping high quality bourbon is a nice treat once in a while.

Eagle Rare is next on my list. At some point I want to branch out and try some Bulleit Rye and Four Roses. For now though I see myself keeping Buffalo Trace around.
    4 Roses small batch is excellent.
    If you want to splurge a few more dollars, Angel's Envy is a smooth ride.

Don’t forget Henry McKenna 10-year, Bottled in Bond.

Might be the highest value in bourbon today. Great flavor and character for well under $30 per bottle. Great to sip neat or on the rocks, great in a cocktail.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Don’t forget Henry McKenna 10-year, Bottled in Bond.

Might be the highest value in bourbon today. Great flavor and character for well under $30 per bottle. Great to sip neat or on the rocks, great in a cocktail.
    This is a phenomenal value. Truly an under rated bourbon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

George Dickel has been mentioned, but not specifically #12 <--- that can be had for under $18 around where I live at the high-volume discount liquor places.

Punches way above its weight. Smoother and more carmelly, without being soft, than you'd expect for the price.
    Last edited by HGGMB; 03-18-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HGGMB View Post
    George Dickel has been mentioned, but not specifically #12 <--- that can be had for under $18 around where I live at the high-volume discount liquor places.

Punches way above its weight. Smoother and more carmelly, without being soft, than you'd expect for the price.
    Dickel green label Rye is also quite good if you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Dickel green label Rye is also quite good if you can find it.
    You know the Green Label has been teasing me every time I go in to my favorite place.

Looks like I'm gonna try something new.

I've been exploring the Jefferson's lineup and enjoying it. So far my favorite is the Old Rum Cask finish, followed by the Ocean. I recently picked up the Chef's Collaboration, and I like the rye blend. Jefferson's tends to experiment a bit more compared to other brands, and I find them a bit more interesting for it.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 03-18-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List