Page 75 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

Hey everyone. Has anyone else had light strike issues with the Wilson 12# Spring in a Fullsize PX4? Just installed tge spring this week and went to the range today to test it and in 100 rounds had about 20 light strikes. Most were on the DA first shot, but also had 4 in SA. All fired on the second attempt with another DA press. These were handloads (CCI Small Pistol Primers) but the same ammo was 100% in a VP9 and Glock 19. I had no issues with the D spring that was in previously. Just curious if anyone else has had issues as I thought the 12# was pretty safe in the PX4? Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by AJLooch View Post
    Hey everyone. Has anyone else had light strike issues with the Wilson 12# Spring in a Fullsize PX4? Just installed tge spring this week and went to the range today to test it and in 100 rounds had about 20 light strikes. Most were on the DA first shot, but also had 4 in SA. All fired on the second attempt with another DA press. These were handloads (CCI Small Pistol Primers) but the same ammo was 100% in a VP9 and Glock 19. I had no issues with the D spring that was in previously. Just curious if anyone else has had issues as I thought the 12# was pretty safe in the PX4? Thanks for any help.
    That’s definitely not normal. I don’t have near the round counts of @LangdonTactical but I’ve got ~10,000+ rounds through 4 different PX4s (all with the 12# spring). I’ve fired NATO, Russian steel cases ammo, reloads, other factory ammo and everything in between with no issues. Check the tip of your firing pin. Are your primers fully seated?
    Shoot more, post less...

Thanks for the reply. The FP looks normal, but I never noticed that the FP hole on the breechface has quite a bevel to it is that normal? I do case gauge and visually inspect each round I load, but 1 or 2 could get through but I don't think 20. I shot 350 rounds today and th only light strikes were in the PX4. I will bring factory next time as well to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    That’s definitely not normal. I don’t have near the round counts of @LangdonTactical but I’ve got ~10,000+ rounds through 4 different PX4s (all with the 12# spring). I’ve fired NATO, Russian steel cases ammo, reloads, other factory ammo and everything in between with no issues. Check the tip of your firing pin. Are your primers fully seated?
    I have been using Ernest's 11lb. hammer spring in both my FS and CC with no light strikes using S&B.
    The 92's don't seem to tolerate that light of spring in my experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    FWIW, I chronographed some common training ammo through my PX4 and posted the results here.

At 1:46 PM, I ordered a 12 lb. hammer spring for the PX4 from LTT. At 1:51 PM, I got the email from LTT that it had been shipped. I realize that just means the label had been created, but day-um, that's fast!
    So, I've been waiting for this spring to arrive. Saturday it was at the USPS distribution center in Lafayette, LA, which is normal. Then checking the tracking number showed it as being "In transit - delayed". I checked this morning and got this:

Status
    In-Transit, Delayed
    March 14, 2018 at 10:11 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

BARRIGADA GU DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    I had to google "GU" - it's Guam. Guess that USPS thought it needed a Pacific island vacation.

My guess is something else is causing these light strikes. I have well over 100,000 rounds through different guns with the 12# hammer spring with no issues, 50,000 rounds on a single spring. I currently have about 3,000 rounds on an 11# spring with no light strikes at all. So I believe something else is causing your issues.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Thanks Ernest. I may pull the hammer group and see if anything looks out of whack like a loose hammer strut etc. Anything in particular to watch out for? Thanks in advance.

Curious, how many rounds are on that pistol? How many rounds on that pistol since the slide was disassembled and the firing pin channel cleaned?

I bought it used but previous owner stated maybe 1000 roundish. I will certainly try cleaning the top end. Neck it could even be a broken firing pin. Thanks so much for the help.

I bought it used but previous owner stated maybe 1000 roundish. I will certainly try cleaning the top end. Neck it could even be a broken firing pin. Thanks so much for the help.
    Also, as to your bevel question: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tement!/page66 Post #652

User Tag List