Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 G34

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    .225 is tip of front sight for me at 25 with 115 grain AE, and I would bet .235 might be better with 147 grain.
    This is it.... I normally shoot 147 so ordered a .235. Mine is shooting POA/POI at 25. I could run a .225 just as easy without problems probably. I'd always rather have the gun print a little high than low.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan W View Post
    This is it.... I normally shoot 147 so ordered a .235. Mine is shooting POA/POI at 25. I could run a .225 just as easy without problems probably. I'd always rather have the gun print a little high than low.
    Thanks guys. Sounds like either height would likely be close enough, especially with 124s. Just need to decide between the two. I am going to run the stock trigger in a couple matches to see how I do with it. What are your thoughts on running the stock Gen5 trigger in USPSA production? I do have Ghost trigger parts in my G23 and like their stuff. I am considering the Ghost Evo 3.3 trigger possibly for the 34. Thoughts? The stock Gen5 34 trigger is the best factory trigger to date I believe

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sootnsmoke View Post
    Thanks guys. Sounds like either height would likely be close enough, especially with 124s. Just need to decide between the two. I am going to run the stock trigger in a couple matches to see how I do with it. What are your thoughts on running the stock Gen5 trigger in USPSA production? I do have Ghost trigger parts in my G23 and like their stuff. I am considering the Ghost Evo 3.3 trigger possibly for the 34. Thoughts? The stock Gen5 34 trigger is the best factory trigger to date I believe

You can always split the difference and order a .230 front too. But in all honesty, for anything USPSA related you wont miss a beat with either one of those fronts. You wont see more than about 1.5" difference in POI worse case, IMO. Both will work just fine.

Triggers - I haven't done anything to mine yet, but when I do it will probably the Taran Tactical spring/connector kit, plus a new guiderod to run a lighter recoil spring. That's it pretty much.

You can always split the difference and order a .230 front too. But in all honesty, for anything USPSA related you wont miss a beat with either one of those fronts. You wont see more than about 1.5" difference in POI worse case, IMO. Both will work just fine.

Triggers - I haven't done anything to mine yet, but when I do it will probably the Taran Tactical spring/connector kit, plus a new guiderod to run a lighter recoil spring. That's it pretty much.
    I may call Dawson and do just that, order a .230. Thanks for the reminder on TT. I will check out that trigger kit

I may call Dawson and do just that, order a .230. Thanks for the reminder on TT. I will check out that trigger kit

TTI Glock items also here and Tim ships fast.

http://benstoegerproshop.com/gun-parts/glock/springs/

I put a Vanek Gen 5 trigger in the first G5/34 I got, and then took it out. I am running everything stock, except for a 5.0 Wolf striker spring. The trigger has grown on me.

I had a lighter recoil spring in my Gen 4/34, and ended up with light strikes when the combination of the lighter spring, 140mm mags and some thumb pressure on the slide, kept the slide slightly out of battery. I actually dig the recoil impulse of the G5/34 and plan to leave the stock RSA in. Shooting things like Garcia dot drills, the G5/34 seems to cycle better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I put a Vanek Gen 5 trigger in the first G5/34 I got, and then took it out. I am running everything stock, except for a 5.0 Wolf striker spring. The trigger has grown on me.

I had a lighter recoil spring in my Gen 4/34, and ended up with light strikes when the combination of the lighter spring, 140mm mags and some thumb pressure on the slide, kept the slide slightly out of battery. I actually dig the recoil impulse of the G5/34 and plan to leave the stock RSA in. Shooting things like Garcia dot drills, the G5/34 seems to cycle better.
    Good points for consideration. On some level, thats why i haven't messed with the trigger parts yet. I want to run it "as is" for a bit to test it out. I've really enjoyed shooting my other Gen 5's in stock form, the 19X especially.

The trigger in my new blue-box Gen 5 34 with the factory 4.5lb minus connector is wonderful. Smooth with an extremely clean break. I have sights on order and will post after I shoot it.

Bryan and GJM -
    I called Dawson today and they are honoring the perfect impact policy when sights for the Gen5 G34 are ordered with the .235 front site. Just like the Gen5 G17, they are high shooters. So, that is the height front I'm going with. However, I did not know the MOS rear sight was offered in either a .125 or .135 rear notch. Now I'm debating between a .135 rear/.115 front or a .125 rear/.105 front. Which combo of rear notch site width and front sight width did you go with?

Bryan and GJM -
    I called Dawson today and they are honoring the perfect impact policy when sights for the Gen5 G34 are ordered with the .235 front site. Just like the Gen5 G17, they are high shooters. So, that is the height front I'm going with. However, I did not know the MOS rear sight was offered in either a .125 or .135 rear notch. Now I'm debating between a .135 rear/.115 front or a .125 rear/.105 front. Which combo of rear notch site width and front sight width did you go with?

.125, .105
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List