Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FEDEX stands with NRA

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    that!

I am amazed at the number of business people at high levels in big corporations who have let their emotions or fear of the social activists overcome their business sense.
    Most likely cause the useful idiots are better organized and have the better bully pulpit.

If I was running a business I wouldn’t piss off any people whose money I could take. That’s just me though. I’d release some PC crap about supporting the Constitution and being law abiding... blah blah blah if and only if I couldn’t keep my pie hole shut.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    yea but it's cheaper to hand it to my LGS and have them ship it USPS.
    Tried it once, was not really cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    They should have just said nothing. Why does a company need to have a corporate stance on a political issue?
    They're liberal, that's why. They act on feeling, not thought, and when they think they think more about looking 'woke' for their peers and peer groups than they do about how anything they do and say affects their business.

There's a freaking gun accessory manufacturer who's CEO said something similar and who's wife raised money for an anti-gun group. Now that I'm writing this I can't remember the company name for sure or I'd put it here. You think he actually gave thought to what that would do to his customer base before he said it? Why would he do something so logical as think about it beforehand?

No; they don't think it will affect the bottom line enough, or they don't think at all. The don't think we'll notice and even if we do they think we'll be stupid and not look for places to spend money that don't think we're all ignorant barbarians.
    www.inshadowinlight.com

https://amazon.com/CR-Williams/e/B0751SZZ85/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Most likely cause the useful idiots are better organized and have the better bully pulpit.

If I was running a business I wouldn’t piss off any people whose money I could take. That’s just me though. I’d release some PC crap about supporting the Constitution and being law abiding... blah blah blah if and only if I couldn’t keep my pie hole shut.
    ^^^This. IMO, when asked "Hey, what's your corporate stance on assault rifles?", the obvious response should be "I'm a shipping company, why would we have a corporate stance on assault rifles? And for the record, we try not to stand on the packages."

You can always tell a left leaning company by their willingness to get involved in political topics.

Site Supporter
    Pussy corporations with their fake social consciousness posturing make me want to jump up and tell these people that they are full of shit. I don't know any other way to say it.

Politics aside, in my experience, if you stamp fragile on every side of a box, ship it to my house via Fed Ex, it’ll arrive looking like it was run over multiple times. I’ll bet money on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Politics aside, in my experience, if you stamp fragile on every side of a box, ship it to my house via Fed Ex, it’ll arrive looking like it was run over multiple times. I’ll bet money on that.
    Funny timing, yesterday I got a pallet in from FedEx. Dropped of course, we had to count the boxes to make sure they all made it.

Happens with UPS too though. It must be hard transporting expensive gear around without beating it with a sledge.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

This is basically every delivery we get here at work:

https://youtu.be/2Q6_9A90cUk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Sounds like the FedEx I know all too well. I ordered a case of cleaning solution from Amazon a couple years and FedEx broke/damaged it every single time. Seriously, Amazon tried to ship it four times. Four. Damn. Times. The closest it ever got was to the FedEx depot in town and then *bing* "This package has been damaged and undeliverable. It is being returned to the shipper".

4 cases of cleaning supplies at $35 each and then Amazon refunded me the original purchase price. So Amazon had to eat a $175 loss because FedEx could handle a case of Fabuloso without screwing it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Funny timing, yesterday I got a pallet in from FedEx. Dropped of course, we had to count the boxes to make sure they all made it.

Happens with UPS too though. It must be hard transporting expensive gear around without beating it with a sledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    This is basically every delivery we get here at work:

https://youtu.be/2Q6_9A90cUk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I read an article on Cracked.com where they interviewed a former employee of one of the big shipping companies (I think UPS but I don't really remember) and the utter lack of any semblance of a fuck given by those people handling packages is unimaginable. Literally standing on packages to load the trucks to the roof, holes in the roof so water drenched packages during a hard rainstorm, and throwing packages into trucks.

User Tag List