Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben Stoeger - 3.24 FAST

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    Dam. dudes head shots would have fit anyway.

Ben, I dont know much about raced out 92's, but I know the one Uncle Sam gives me sucks. What are your triggers at? Blazing shooting man.
    I think you would not find my gun to be all that raced out.

The trigger on that particular gun is about 4.5lbs single action and 7lbs double action. The gun has not had any trigger work done except a lighter hammer spring and some polishing.

The gun has a fiber front sight and a lighter recoil spring... other than that it is off the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Stoeger View Post
    I think you would not find my gun to be all that raced out.

The trigger on that particular gun is about 4.5lbs single action and 7lbs double action. The gun has not had any trigger work done except a lighter hammer spring and some polishing.

The gun has a fiber front sight and a lighter recoil spring... other than that it is off the shelf.
    It's amazing what a difference a D spring and a little polishing can make with a factory 92 trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    It's amazing what a difference a D spring and a little polishing can make with a factory 92 trigger.
    92 triggers are pretty good... they are just plain too heavy. A 10-12lbs double action trigger just isn't necessary. I don't get why Beretta doesn't just put a D spring into all their 92s from the get go.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    92 triggers are pretty good... they are just plain too heavy. A 10-12lbs double action trigger just isn't necessary. I don't get why Beretta doesn't just put a D spring into all their 92s from the get go.
    My understanding is that the firing pin force was a requirement in the original M9 competition and that is why the 92FS/M9 has such a stout main spring. As I recall it was the Smith and Wesson that was disqualified for not having sufficient firing pin force. I would assume it simply convenience for them to give the civilian 92FSs the same mainspring as the M9.

Regardless, as a Beretta shooter myself, all I can do is tip my hat to you for your inspirational shooting skills!

Honestly, the baseline 92 series should be a 92G with a D spring and a Vertec slide. In a perfect world, they'd still be selling the 92G-SD and make a compact version of it. Oh well.

So has anyone figured out yet why folks are calling this the IDPA Fast? I mean where did the IDPA part come from?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    So has anyone figured out yet why folks are calling this the IDPA Fast? I mean where did the IDPA part come from?

Just curious.
    He's shooting it with IDPA-legal holster/pouches, and with a vest.

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    Dam. dudes head shots would have fit anyway.

Ben, I dont know much about raced out 92's, but I know the one Uncle Sam gives me sucks. What are your triggers at? Blazing shooting man.
    that is a 92 Elite II, one of the best 92 versions ever made. Very similar to a standard 92FS except is has a 'G' decocker only, a Brigadier slide and removable front sights, plus some other minor improvements.

It just kills me that Beretta doesn't make 'G' versions anymore. I would like an M9A1-G as the baseline. I'd love to get the 92G-SD and 92G Compact back again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post

Just curious.
    I think Vogel just assumed it was an IDPA thing (or just misspoke when he filmed his video) since everything was from concealment and Sevigny was wearing his IDPA rig when he shot it.

Ben, on the other hand, just did it to be irritating, as he knows better but likes annoying people.

Using a 3X5 Stoeger does it in 3.11 and a 4.5 at 15-yards clean!!! He dropped a head at 25 but how many dare to critique a 25-yard attempt?

User Tag List