Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dreamers

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Well, if it is amended, we need to repeal 16 simultaneously, and while we're at it, expand the definition of Treason to include any elected or appointed official lying to We the People
    You won’t get any argument from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Not really much to argue against there. I personally don't like it. I don't think jumping across the border illegally and popping out a baby is really in the spirit of the law, but it is the Supreme law. They are U.S. Citizens.
    The kids are U.S. citizens. That doesn’t automatically do anything for the parents. The kid has to be 21 to petition for the parents so Anchor babys are definitely a long game.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The kids are U.S. citizens. That doesn’t automatically do anything for the parents. The kid has to be 21 to petition for the parents so Anchor babys are definitely a long game.
    Yes, that's actually what I meant, but didn't convey it properly. The mother gets to remain as guardian, or whatever, with her U.S. Citizen baby, doen't she?
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Yes, that's actually what I meant, but didn't convey it properly. The mother gets to remain as guardian, or whatever, with her U.S. Citizen baby, doen't she?
    No. There is no legal provision for that.

In fact that was what Obama tried to implement as DAPA for the parents of the DACA kids and their USC siblings but it was shot down by the courts.

An alien with minor USC children who is ordered deported can either make arrangements for their kids to accompany them back to their country or make arrangements for someone else to care for the USC kids here. Third option is is CPS and the foster care system but that is rare.

Site Supporter
    So here is the deal with DACA / the Dreamers.

They are kinda screwed by their parents actions. As a group they are a bell curve like any other group. Some are shitbags and some will make great Americans.

I don’t have an issue with them in general assuming you set the standards for dreamer status properly to weed out the criminals.

I do have a serious issue with what Obama did in implementing DACA. He took a discretionary executive tool intended by congress for limited application, deferred action, and used it to unlawfully and unconstitutionally usurp Congress’ authority and create a de facto amnesty by executive fiat. He should have been impeached for that stunt.

Deferred action is normally granted to give temporary status to persons for a specific public benefit, such as a facilitating the testimony of a confidential informant or a witness to a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No. There is no legal provision for that.

In fact that was what Obama tried to implement as DAPA for the parents of the DACA kids and their USC siblings but it was shot down by the courts.

An alien with minor USC children who is ordered deported can either make arrangements for their kids to accompany them back to their country or make arrangements for someone else to care for the USC kids here. Third option is is CPS and the foster care system but that is rare.
    That's surprising actually. Add that to the list of shit I didn't know. Definitely a long game to legally go that route. So what's all the hoopla about anchor babies then? Are thousands of people actually doing this? or are they simply disappearing into the night?
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    That's surprising actually. Add that to the list of shit I didn't know. Definitely a long game to legally go that route. So what's all the hoopla about anchor babies then? Are thousands of people actually doing this? or are they simply disappearing into the night?
    Hundreds of thousands of IA’s have their kids here and either keep their heads down and hope for the best or drive drunk / beat their spouse etc and get put into deportation proceedings.

The Chinese and others are literally coming, having the kid then going home ASAP- they are doing it for the kids future or as a long term plan to eventually bring the family to the US or at least have the option. These people are rich by Chinese standards, just not quite rich enough to legally “buy” a US investor visa or otherwise stay here legally.

Dreamers

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

That was painful to watch.

We had our Honda serviced at Cooper Garages in Ferring UK while I was on assignment. I ran into Mr. Cooper in the showroom and struck up a conversation.

He invited me into his office and we had a nice chat about him getting engines from Mr. Honda, and having Bruce McLaren drive for him. What a nice man.

I had two minis there; my ‘67 1275 S with a balanced and blueprinted engine by Avonbar, and an M Reg Rover Cooper Muffy, M294AUF.

Muffy was my commuter car, and might as well be the twin in that video that got crushed.

I know they have to do this stuff I guess but that was just sad.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-07-2018 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    You conveniently didn’t answer my question.

Are all laws just? Do you think unjust laws should stand?

Do you think the law should allow people to illegally cross our border so that they can give birth in the US? Do you believe people should have birth vacations?

And you wouldn’t follow it if amended again not to allow anchor babies?

The constitution has a means of amending it.

So are you saying the constitution wasn’t worth following before the 14th amendment?

For your opinion to carry any weight, you should easily be able to answer my questions. If you can’t/won’t, I don’t think your opinion holds much water in this conversation.

Perhaps all the anchor babies and illegals will get their way and we won’t have a constitution for you to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not a "law." That's the Fourteenth Amendment, put in place as a result of the ACW, to insure slaves would be free.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Are thousands of people actually doing this?
    Yes. Either living here long term, crossing the border temporarily, or flying in on worker/tourist/student visas and having a child.

Several of my cousin-in-laws are US citizens because fly in to California while pregnant, don't leave, have baby, go home. Also, don't pay hospital bill. They think their kids will get free college and a bunch of other magic American benefits.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List