Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trijicon Accupower 1-8

0 0%
  • Nightforce NX8

22 100.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trij 1-8 or NX8????

While time will ultimately tell, it certainly appears as if these follow in the footsteps of Nightforce's hard use lineage. It has the look and feel of an NXS. I would not consider the SHV line that they make to be hard use, it is a recreational product. I saw one of the press releases for the NX8; it looks to be the start of a new 8x zoom family.
    Nightforce typically develops for military requirements and it just so happens that the S-VPS (Squad-Variable Power Scope) solicitation (RFP) is posted by USSOCOM on FBO. Requirement is for a First Focal Plane and a Second Focal Plane LPV. Must be unity on 1x with a min of 6x on the high end.
    There has been buzz of these scopes getting passed around the SF community for about 2 years now and they are just now hitting the commercial market.

Quote Originally Posted by 00bullitt View Post
    While time will ultimately tell, it certainly appears as if these follow in the footsteps of Nightforce's hard use lineage. It has the look and feel of an NXS. I would not consider the SHV line that they make to be hard use, it is a recreational product. I saw one of the press releases for the NX8; it looks to be the start of a new 8x zoom family.
    Nightforce typically develops for military requirements and it just so happens that the S-VPS (Squad-Variable Power Scope) solicitation (RFP) is posted by USSOCOM on FBO. Requirement is for a First Focal Plane and a Second Focal Plane LPV. Must be unity on 1x with a min of 6x on the high end.
    There has been buzz of these scopes getting passed around the SF community for about 2 years now and they are just now hitting the commercial market.
    So there's a really cool gun shop by me, and they have stuff stocked I've never seen before. Nice glass being among the goods. I got to mess with the trijicon. Now, this is in store, not at the range and through a bunch of conditions. I liked it. I think if the NX8 is impossible to get I might settle with the Trij. Now, the guy knew about the NX8 and there's vets that work there. They also host lots of people for training, including Proctor at one point (he's not traveling anymore????). So they're knowledgeable about the NX8. They spoke highly about the Trij, but were honest about it too. My experience with it so far is it makes 25oz feel light, though admittedly that might have been my excitement. The clicks were solid and I felt it was well build over all. It felt quality. I will say it's almost annoying at 8x though with how big the reticle gets. I wish it bypassed the circle completely. I really like it at 6x and 4x, which would be find because of the FFP. I don't have an NX8 to compare it to, but NXS glass available in the 2.5-10. I still think I'm going to hold out for the NX8 because of the size, weight and reticle. Also from what the guy was telling me the SEAL dude and the DELTA dude he knows who has experience with the NX8 says it shreds at 1x and they're just as fast with it vs an Aimpoint. I'm not an operator by far though, so we'll see if I can shoot the difference. But it was nice to play with the Trij and get an eye through it.

I think it is better than people give it credit for. I also fully understand when I mention nightforce people will flock to it vs the Trij because it's relatively new/unproven in the 1-4/1-8.

(Side note) They had the NF 4-16 ATACR Mil Horus H59 there and it's amazing. I liked literally everything about it. I'm going to probably buy it. Amazing glass, turrets and everything. I lied..... I do hate one thing though. The illumination button stuff. I would much rather have a dial. But other than that, I'm very impressed. I think I might go 4-16 Horus on my R700 20" and see where that gets me.
    Last edited by navyman8903; 01-08-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Regarding the Trijicon: Like I said in the past, I'd take a Vortex Razor Gen II over the Trijicon all day long and I'd take the Burris XTR II 1-8 over the Trijicon as well.
    Here's a good detailed review on the Burris XTR II 1-8 and mentions some competitors http://opticsthoughts.com/?p=2050
    We also have a smoking price on the XTR II 1-8 FFP if you give me a call at 916.670.1103
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Regarding the Trijicon: Like I said in the past, I'd take a Vortex Razor Gen II over the Trijicon all day long and I'd take the Burris XTR II 1-8 over the Trijicon as well.
    Here's a good detailed review on the Burris XTR II 1-8 and mentions some competitors http://opticsthoughts.com/?p=2050
    We also have a smoking price on the XTR II 1-8 FFP if you give me a call at 916.670.1103
    For me it's either the Trij or the NX8, heavily leaning on the NX8. I'm also signed up through you for a notification when your shipment gets in. I'd preorder it, but I have to get some stuff in line before deployment. My wife is also a huge Nightforce fan. Also from what I've read so far the Tij is on par and it's hard split with the XTR II. Some people like what each of them offers. I have found so far Green is not the color for the Trij. There's a lot of competitive options out there as the years go by. I think the Trij and the NX8 will earn their reputation as one of the go to's. I know the Razor HD II is at the top for now, but I think over time there will be some that dethrone it. NX8 is looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    So many optics so few rifles....

That Hilux looks pretty good, never heard of it though.

User Tag List