Thread: RFI on a drop in trigger for a G19.3

RFI on a drop in trigger for a G19.3

General info:

This is a carry/defense pistol.

I have looked at, but know very little about, Agency, ZEV and Overwatch's DAT. What I don't know is if either of these will fit what I'm looking for.

Here is what I want. A break weight of 4 to 4.5 lbs, minimal pre-travel, a well detectable wall and a crisp break.

Is this achievable with one of the triggers mentioned above? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Looking forward to the responses to help me make a decision. Thanks all.
    SCD

I only have have firsthand experience with the Overwatch DAT of that bunch. However I have heard enough bad things about the ZEV's safety features (or defeat thereof) to steer folks away from them.

I think the trigger/bar will give you the reduced pretravel you're looking for, but the feel of the wall and break will have a lot to do with which connector you're using, how the striker/trigger bar engagement is, and which springs you're running. Look at combining it with the Apex Ultimate Striker block for a little extra smoothing, as well.

For that matter, you might look into the Apex trigger too. The description on their Action Enhancement Kit sounds very much like what you're looking to achieve. I haven't used their product first hand to recommend it fully but Apex is one company I wouldn't mind risking to try out.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I've shot Glocks with the Overwatch and Zev triggers.

I guess I'm not sophisticated enough to discern the nuances between various triggers.

I've been using the TTI connector with safety plunger and striker springs for 4 years now. I do have the Apex striker blocks but I can't tell that they make any difference.

I should probably ask this in a separate thread, but why is pre travel such a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I've shot Glocks with the Overwatch and Zev triggers.

I guess I'm not sophisticated enough to discern the nuances between various triggers.

I've been using the TTI connector with safety plunger and striker springs for 4 years now. I do have the Apex striker blocks but I can't tell that they make any difference.

I should probably ask this in a separate thread, but why is pre travel such a bad thing?
    As I understand it, too much pre-travel can defeat a Glock internal safety. Many people also think that the length of travel is as or more important than trigger weight in terms of safe handling, and reduced pre-travel reduces that margin.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have not tried an Apex, but otherwise am completely in agreement with @Tom_Jones .

I like the SSVI Tyr, but would be happy with an Overwatch. I honestly don't care about the fancy "refinements" these bring to a Glock trigger, but I do like the flatter trigger shape a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another +1 for overwatch, I wouldn't trust any others.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Dave View Post
    General info:

This is a carry/defense pistol.

I have looked at, but know very little about, Agency, ZEV and Overwatch's DAT. What I don't know is if either of these will fit what I'm looking for.

Here is what I want. A break weight of 4 to 4.5 lbs, minimal pre-travel, a well detectable wall and a crisp break.

Is this achievable with one of the triggers mentioned above? Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Looking forward to the responses to help me make a decision. Thanks all.
    SCD
    I would not recommend the trigger you described in a carry pistol but that is your business.
    Vanek and DK triggers can supply the trigger components you want but I would call them before ordering.

If those trigger characteristics are important to you, another possibility would be to go with a VP9 or PPQ, which are both fairly close to your criteria, but do it with out of the box stock OEM components.

For gaming, trigger alchemy seems fair game, but on carry guns not so much.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If those trigger characteristics are important to you, another possibility would be to go with a VP9 or PPQ, which are both fairly close to your criteria, but do it with out of the box stock OEM components.

For gaming, trigger alchemy seems fair game, but on carry guns not so much.
    Yeah... A VP9 sounds about ideal for the OPs criteria. The takeup (which I liked) on the PPQ is probably too much.

I think this is the reason I like the SSVI Tyr; it doesn't feel like gaming the trigger but gave me a flat face and a more constant pressure/rolling break kind of pull. Akin to the NY1 spring w minus connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A modified Glock trigger will better suit the Op's request than a OEM PPQ or VP9. I have owned all 3 pistols.

User Tag List