Page 39 of 242 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Sippin' Bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Single malt scotch, not malted milk wiseguy.
    May the Laphroaig be with you!

Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I can't believe you heathens and your addition of anything to bourbon or scotch. It's almost enough to make me smash my nosing glasses against the wall and storm off in an epic rage quit. Not the whole forum, just this thread
    Last edited by holmes168; 11-18-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    I can't believe you heathens and your addition of anything to bourbon or scotch. It's almost enough to make me smash my nosing glasses against the wall and storm off in an epic rage quit. Not the whole forum, just this thread

Site Supporter
    You fuckers are good dudes. I might be a little drunk. A local BBQ establishment had Blanton's on hand and I couldn't resist having a few. And a Monday Night Blood Pirate.

I think I'll go to bed early. Have to drive to Charleston in the morning. Celebrating 37 years don't you know.

A glass with a story

A good friend just sent me a picture. His grandfather had a friend, JBC. JBC was close to Buffalo Bill Cody, and rode in his Wild West Show for a time. They exchanged letters later in life, when JBC went on to other endeavors. JBC had no children, so he left my friends grandfather his worldly goods, to include several old firearms, cowboy gear, and this whiskey glass.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    "We" do...it's those sophisticates I'm wondering about.

That said, my Jack and coke or anything with coke days are waaaay behind me. I can't remember the last time I had a Coke or equivalent.
    Now if you want the real Coke, you have to get the version from Mexico where they still use cane sugar.

So now 'America's soft drink' has bottles printed in Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    Now if you want the real Coke, you have to get the version from Mexico where they still use cane sugar.

So now 'America's soft drink' has bottles printed in Spanish.
    I can't think of any soda (or pop) I'd want. I've had Mexican Coke, (the drink, just to be clear), in years past and it was just fine. But then I'm not an aficionado of soda. (Though back in the day I sure liked cream soda, root beer and, after hours of playing basketball in the schoolyard, Mountain Dew.)

I'm not a big soft drink guy either. I have had the Mexican Coke on a really hot day with spicy Mexican food and liked it.

I'm lucky enough to have a cigar bar close to my house that stocks high(ish)-end bourbons and scotches. I try not to let myself venture into the scotch side (literally, the left 3rd of the bar is bourbon, right 3rd is scotch, middle is craft beer), as that isn't good for my bank account. My taste run towards Macallan 18 but my budget is more in lines with Glenfiddich 12.

Couple of new ones that I've tried lately...

Four Roses - had a cinnamon note that I really did not enjoy.
    Basil Haden's - really good.
    Booker's - good.
    Angel's Envy - really good.
    Larceny - surprisingly good for the price point. So good that I went and bought a bottle of it.

Non-bourbons in recent memory was some Suntory Toki, Japanese Whiskey and Redemption Rye. I liked both of them so much that I went and bought bottles of them. The Redemption Rye has a much "crisper" taste than Bulleit Rye to me. The Suntory Toki is just delicious. It's a very "bright" drink, for lack of a better descriptor. I bet that it'd be excellent on a really hot day, on the rocks with a twist of lemon.

User Tag List