Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 came back from voluntary upgrade

That's a fairly HYUGE amount of metal to mill off the bottom of the slide, and then not refinish. The slides are stainless, but I'd still be concerned about corrosion there if I lived in a hot/humid environment.

I guess the question in my mind is if this type of arrangement will result in accelerated wear and possible breakage of the disconnector. Fortunately, neither of my two P320s have that long lightening rout. My full-size P320 has returned from SIG and the disconnector resets the sear after only a short rearward slide movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    It's worth noting that the issue discussed in the OP doesn't apply to all versions of the P320 slide and only applies to the versions with the groove milled into the slide (apparently to lighten it) where the new disconnector ramp is supposed to be cut. I'm not sure which, or how many, slides have it. I know at least one of my 320s (the full-size currently sitting on my desk) does.

Let's please leave the jokes in General Discussion.
    FWIW, I just got back my second P320 from Sig. This time it was a compact. Close inspection of my N of two, 1 full-size and 1 compact, shows milling that is essentially identical to the OP’s pictures. The tigers on both guns is very good and breaks right at 6lbs.
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-16-2017 at 09:36 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I agree, that worn spot off to the right looks like a problem to me. Seems it will be kicking the disconnector sideways as well as the direction it needs to go.

Thanks to the OP for posting the pictures and describing your experience. My lone P320 is an X5 that I haven't gotten around to sending in yet. I'll have to check tonight but I believe it has the milled slide like what is shown in your pictures. I'm not crazy about the unfinished appearance of the milled area but the wear is more concerning.

There is a member of another forum who stated that SIG did replace the slide of his P320 when he sent it in for the modification. I do not see any reason there should be an issue with the two slides that have no lightening rout cut on the right side.

That's an interesting development in this ongoing drama.

My sample of 4:
    RX = no lightening cut
    FS = no lightening cut
    Compact = no lightening cut
    Sub-C = no lightening cut
    So I should be GTG on getting all mine "upgraded".

If nothing else Sig is maintaining their reputation for being consistently inconsistent when it comes to what they send out the door.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The fullsize RX (third from the left) has no lightening cut -- that's the one I said would be "perfect". The subcompact (last one on the right) has a stepped surface and that is the one I said "might have issues".
    The "divot" that is milled out for the disconnector is much deeper than that step off. I strongly suspect that the disconnector will get depressed as soon as it leaves the little pocket.

I've seen some lightened slides with the disconnector cut, and a few others claim to have received new slides that had lightened slide and now don't. It might all come down to the QC at reassembly. if the disconnector doesn't work or hangs up, they may just replace it. It's their call, it's under warranty.
    Last edited by Auriemma; 11-17-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    --- Joe ---
    Sig Sauer P320RX, P229R E2, P365XL, SP2022 || Springfield 1911 Range Officer Compact Elite
    Henry Golden Boy || Ruger 10/22 Custom || CZ455V || Tippmann M4-22 Elite || HP 995TS

I think that's the part that bugs/worries people.
    Keep in mind, the lightening slots were probably not cut to a high tolerance. So if the disconnector relief cuts into it and it doesn't work, what recourse does Sig have? They replace it. Hopefully none of the replacements had any serious mod (ceracoating or millwork) done. If so, I'm sure Sig would deal with it on a case by case basis. But if your slide is stock, and the replacement shoots well... what's the problem?
    --- Joe ---
    Sig Sauer P320RX, P229R E2, P365XL, SP2022 || Springfield 1911 Range Officer Compact Elite
    Henry Golden Boy || Ruger 10/22 Custom || CZ455V || Tippmann M4-22 Elite || HP 995TS

User Tag List