Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: P30l vs P30sk

I have a SK and a 30S and they seem to point the same to me. I love both.

Site Supporter
    The P30 and the P30sk point the same for me even with med grips on the P30 and lrg grips on the sk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    The P30 and the P30sk point the same for me even with med grips on the P30 and lrg grips on the sk.
    Thanks! I also use the large grips on the sk. It sounds like a p30 will work.
    Last edited by Tomahawk; 09-17-2017 at 07:46 PM.

So I have picked up a second P30l and am looking at sights. I have narrowed it down to a must have a .125 front blade. Anyone have any time on the HD XR sights? Rears still sharp? I normally run 10-8 or Heinie but 10-8 fronts are OOS. Heinie sights are nice but are really tall and almost feel like suppressor height to me.

I'm also torn between the HD XRs or a 10-8 .156 rear and a .125 Dawson Tritium Front for my P30L's. I like the .125 Dawson front/stock Meprolight rear combo on my "carry" P30. I take a black sharpie to the rear Mepro's but in dark conditions I can still make out the rear dots although they are fainter.

I have the HD XRs on my 226/228/229. Need to spend more time with them to see if I'll run them on my P30s as well. I like the HD XR front but really wish they would have tightened up the rear notch some...there's a LOT of air on either side of the front sight with the XRs.
    Shoot more, post less...

Hammertime
    Well, it is a really nice gun. The build quality is amazing.

This is my second ten shots with it. Sights like a 6:00 hold on the black with 147 grain AE ammo at 25 yds. I managed this group DA but somehow threw one entirely off the target.

Going back to the PX4 after shooting this, the DA felt about half the weight and half as long.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    So I have picked up a second P30l and am looking at sights. I have narrowed it down to a must have a .125 front blade. Anyone have any time on the HD XR sights? Rears still sharp? I normally run 10-8 or Heinie but 10-8 fronts are OOS. Heinie sights are nice but are really tall and almost feel like suppressor height to me.
    Yes. I took a P30 with HD XR orange sights to a Northern Red combative pistol class in Aug. The gun ran well. The sights were (for me) awful! The were (for me) regulated for what I will call a "lower 1/3" point of aim. Even when driving the dot. This led to be having to do more guessing that I wanted to do for a challenging course of instruction. Additionally the front sight post is outright reflective and when the sun is coming from behind, is just (for me) a bright orange blob. It obscures (for me) the edges of the sight making precision work on a B-8 very difficult. I brought a spare P30 with the standard luminous HK sights. They were easier to see but still has the odd (for me) difference in POA/POI. I love the pistol but it and its cousins are sidelined until I get around to locating and installing sights that work as well for me as the DeFoor Glock sights or the standard Beretta PX4 sights with the rear dots blacked out. Just my .02 and as always, all things sights are VERY subjective.

[/MENTION]
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Well, it is a really nice gun. The build quality is amazing.

This is my second ten shots with it. Sights like a 6:00 hold on the black with 147 grain AE ammo at 25 yds. I managed this group DA but somehow threw one entirely off the target.

Going back to the PX4 after shooting this, the DA felt about half the weight and half as long.
    Try the @BCL mods -- they really help DA weight and smoothness.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    [/MENTION]

Try the @BCL mods -- they really help DA weight and smoothness.
    Is there a description of these somewhere?

(I, uh, am, uh, asking for a friend, yeah, that's it...)
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

@Jason M Thanks for your input. I was afraid of that being the case unfortunately I had similar problems with HD's on my P2000. They shot low for me and the front sight was just huge in my mind. I swapped back to my factory night sights as well.
    Last edited by CDFIII; 09-21-2017 at 07:42 PM.

User Tag List