Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: P225-A1

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    I handled one, and it got my attention for sure. Not sure if I'm going to pick one up or not, but I think it'll be a great shooter. IT feels like Sig's answer to the HK P7M8 in my mind. I think sure it's kinda larger, but not huge, and for a single stack it feels great. It's like a Legion, but not. The video below is the best IMO on the topic.

It actually is. The Walther P5, Sig P6, and the H&K P7PSP were all selected as German Service pistols for the Police. I think (not sure). All (to me) fit like a glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested we have a Keeper AIWB ready for a 225A1 Was built for a good friend and they bailed on it.. Email link below.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    Just finding this thread...don't ask me why. This seems like a viable gun for us here in the ban states limited to 10 round magazines. Anyone carrying this AIWB?
    Almost everyday in a JM Custom Kydex holster. the G10 grips aren't too aggressive against skin and it's pretty well rounded, in addition to my guard on the holster, making it very comfortable.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_20170831_133150.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  68.4 KB
    5000 rounds and a year on this gun. Considering getting a second one (with wood grips, b/c I think they look good). It's big enough that I can do steel challenge with it, and I believe it fits the new IDPA CCP division. Carries well, probably would've gone with a EL PX4 CC at the time if they were out but really no complaints besides capacity with this gun.

Oh, yeah, one complaint: the front sight is kind of recessed into the slide, meaning other night sights will fit, but it looks too small for fiber (def too small for the TFX fiber ones I bought from Sig).

Site Supporter
    Mind giving a close up of the front sight situation you mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Here's the picture of the recessed part of the slide for the front sight. Notice how long the TFX fiber front sight is, would be longer than the recessed area. There are shorter fiber optic front sights, but I doubt they would fit.
    Name:  IMG_20170831_162210.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  23.6 KB

Here's from the side. There is a small gap between the sight and slide, but not enough for a sight to be higher than the raised part of the slide.
    Name:  IMG_20170831_162302.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  29.3 KB

I picked up a legacy P6/P225 a month or so ago. After spending some time at the range with it, it is one of those guns that I "don't get". It's the same size as my P228. The loaded weight is less, but it is carrying half as much ammo.

I look at the P225-A1 and think the same thing; it looks like the same size as the M11-A1. It costs the same, but carries half the capacity. Am I missing something?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    I picked up a legacy P6/P225 a month or so ago. After spending some time at the range with it, it is one of those guns that I "don't get". It's the same size as my P228. The loaded weight is less, but it is carrying half as much ammo.

I look at the P225-A1 and think the same thing; it looks like the same size as the M11-A1. It costs the same, but carries half the capacity. Am I missing something?
    It is far from the most practical gun.

Things I like about it are the slimmer grip conceals better for me AIWB and it's close to a Glock 19 sized DA/SA. It is probably not much slimmer, but it definitely seems like it from the stock 229 grip I used to own. It definitely has better ergos (undercut trigger guard), SRT and reliable magazines (239 mag body) compared to the P6. I have found it quite accurate and I shoot it more accurately than the Glock 19 I spent a lot of time with (but not by a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    Here's the picture of the recessed part of the slide for the front sight. Notice how long the TFX fiber front sight is, would be longer than the recessed area. There are shorter fiber optic front sights, but I doubt they would fit.
    Dawson's will fit. Just order the "P Series" version, not the "Elite" type. I have em on a bunch of Sigs with the stepped flat area like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Just finding this thread...don't ask me why. This seems like a viable gun for us here in the ban states limited to 10 round magazines. Anyone carrying this AIWB?
    I carry my classic P225 AIWB. For me it carries well there. Slender enough for carry but large enough to grab onto when needed. SS magazines are easy to conceal too. I carry an extra mag in a horizontal mag pouch by Wilderness.

User Tag List