Page 93 of 112 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 drop safety issues

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I'm just mad he didn't include a P-10c or P-07 in his tests. Blatant bigotry against Czech products.
    P10-C and the FN 509 are in the next shipment to Omaha Outdoors. This is per the Vuurwapen Blog (Andrew Tuohy of Omaha Outdoors) Facebook page.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    P10-C and the FN 509 are in the next shipment to Omaha Outdoors. This is per the Vuurwapen Blog (Andrew Tuohy of Omaha Outdoors) Facebook page.
    sigh*facepalm. I knew I recognized that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Because:
    and:
    people (not shooters, people) have constantly bitched about tabbed trigger safeties being "irritating"

and:
    Glock made the unfortunate decision decades ago to call the tabbed trigger a "trigger safety" and thus have forever cemented into people's minds the idea that the tab on the trigger is some sort of manual safety and not an integral part of the overall drop-safe aspect of the design, so most people think it's goofy -- because as a "safety" it is goofy.

and:
    the reduced mass parts, when combined with in-spec springs, likely provides an adequate safety margin for the current design incarnation.

but:
    mostly because they've made a big deal, marketing wise, over the last few years saying how it's not necessary.

Could be the problem is down the line and the gun is not drop safe even with a tabbed trigger?
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Kinda hoping they'll do an APX too...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Hey, look at all those tabbed trigger safeties doing exactly what a tabbed trigger safety is designed to do -- arrest the rearward inertial movement of the trigger of a dropped gun. [sarcasm]Amazing.[/sarcasm]

I would love for someone to explain to me how the M&P hinged trigger prevents an inertial fire. Logically the reduced mass of the glock-style tabbed trigger "tab" makes sense. The hinge on the other hand, I just can't wrap my head around how that is much different than a normal trigger.

I'd love for someone in-the-know to explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    I would love for someone to explain to me how the M&P hinged trigger prevents an inertial fire. Logically the reduced mass of the glock-style tabbed trigger "tab" makes sense. The hinge on the other hand, I just can't wrap my head around how that is much different than a normal trigger.

I'd love for someone in-the-know to explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old.
    The tab on the M&P is part of the lower portion of the hinged trigger and contacts the frame similar to a Glock. It is disengaged when the finger actuates the hinge while pulling the trigger.

Was able to get half of my P320s submitted for the voluntary upgrade program. Turns out if you buy via the Armed Professional Program, you have to wait longer...

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    The tab on the M&P is part of the lower portion of the hinged trigger and contacts the frame similar to a Glock. It is disengaged when the finger actuates the hinge while pulling the trigger.
    Yes, I get that, in fact I've had M&P Compact 9 and 45, and still have shield 9 and 45. What I don't get is in what way the hinge between the top and bottom half of the trigger is supposed to prevent the inertial fire.

P320 drop safety issues

Quote Originally Posted by BCL View Post
    Was able to get half of my P320s submitted for the voluntary upgrade program. Turns out if you buy via the Armed Professional Program, you have to wait longer...
    Yep, their website instructions say (in two separate paragraphs), any APP inquiries will have to wait awhile longer before Sig gets the appropriate return forms posted for APP applicants. (Same for LEOs). [Of course ya can't see that, now that the website link doesn't work].
    Last edited by busykngt; 08-14-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Yes, I get that, in fact I've had M&P Compact 9 and 45, and still have shield 9 and 45. What I don't get is in what way the hinge between the top and bottom half of the trigger is supposed to prevent the inertial fire.
    The trigger itself isn't. The firing pin block and other internal safeties are.

The reason for Tom's post (Correct me if I'm wrong Tom) is about something different. SIG on its P320 page touts the fact that they don't need a trigger tab (or hinged trigger) to provide a layer of safety and one of the things to come out of the videos is that the tab-less trigger could move, inertially, when the gun is dropped, all the way back and thus fire a shot. Now, I'm not sure whether that was the only problem with the P320 (and SIG doesn't seem to think so at all) but Omaha Outdoors latest video show that, at least, the tab (or hinge) does prevent the trigger from moving back, through inertia, when the gun is dropped, It's a good layer of safety for SFAs and Tom was pointing that out.
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 08-14-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List