Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 drop safety issues

I don't know about the first part, but I'm hoping for the last few lines coming true. Especially the continued domination. :-)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Yes. He said it took a bit of work to get the slide off the frame, but once it was taken off and reassembled everything was fine.
    Thank you BBL

I'm still trying to wrap my head around $2 million in drop testing. I wonder how they came up with that figure?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I saw Andrew Tuohy say a similar drop test on other pistols is in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by busykngt View Post
    Yeah, it's clear the author of that last article "has drunk the cool aide". I note he directly addresses not advancing the discussion as to how robust the drop testing criteria ought to be (which is the *real* problem). As far as testing the Glock and the M&P, I suspect Omaha Outdoors could also have the minus thirty degree drop test results for those two guns within a days time.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bet 5 PF dollars, that this becomes Sig's position:

"Our 320 pistol was designed to meet all applicable US drop test standards, and demonstrably meets those standards. We have become aware of a certain specific drop scenario, outside the US drop test standards, that has the potential to cause a discharge. Because of Sig's commitment to safety, we are announcing a voluntary recall to retrofit existing pistols so as to meet this scenario, despite this scenario being unlikely and outside the US standards. We note that no other manufacturers have tested to this unusual drop scenario, and as a result, there is no assurance other brand pistols will not discharge in this same condition. After completing this upgrade, using the same design as Sig is providing to the US Military, after being selected in the coveted MHS contract and designated XM17 and XM18, the Sig 320 will be the safest handgun available today. This is consistent with Sig's commitment to being the industry leader in safety, innovation and performance.

Drop testing pistols is potentially hazardous and extremely technical. Sig spends upward of $2 million annually drop testing its firearms. Because of the safety risk and complexity, consumers are advised against doing further drop testing, and should be confident that Sig has thoroughly tested all components of this voluntary upgrade. Sig CEO Ronald Cohen wishes to recognize all the employees that worked tirelessly to identify this problem, engineer and test a fix, and get these improvements to the consumer in record time. Phil Strader, pistol program manager, added we are working intensely with our friends at GGI, to have performance parts available in time for Sig shooters to continue to dominate at the Production Nationals early this fall."
    That first paragraph and a half you wrote there, perfect corporate manager bs type speak. Just perfect. It was like I was in one of those mandatory meetings at work. Thanks.

This thread has become pretty depressing, thought I would provide some comic relief from everyones favorite internet personality...

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around $2 million in drop testing. I wonder how they came up with that figure?
    Seeing as it's a nice round figure, I would imagine there is a very good chance they pulled it out of their asses given the situation at hand.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 08-12-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    This thread has become pretty depressing, thought I would provide some comic relief from everyones favorite internet personality...

Seeing as it's a nice round figure, I would imagine there is a very good chance they pulled it out of their asses given the situation at hand.
    *cringe*

There's just so much derp even in that video it makes me wonder why I ever watched any of his videos in the first place. Ignorance truly was bliss...

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Grayguns will make this right for their customers. Because of their business relationship with SIG they have to keep their statements roughly in line with the SIG statements. At this point they cannot say much more. Grayguns has customized six pistols of mine and have dealt with Bruce Gray directly. They are 100% focused on their customers.

We shall see what Monday brings from SIG.

Mark

P320 drop safety issues

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    That first paragraph and a half you wrote there, perfect corporate manager bs type speak. Just perfect. It was like I was in one of those mandatory meetings at work. Thanks.
    Yeah, I think GJM pretty much nailed it with the possible exception of his use of the word, "recall" in the first paragraph. 'Recall' has such negative (and possibly legal) connotations, I think Sig will move heaven & earth to keep from using that word. "Voluntary upgrade" sounds so MUCH better in the press (especially if you're under threat from a LEO lawsuit!).
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.
    Last edited by busykngt; 08-12-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    ...my thoughts...
    This specific topic was split off into its own thread. Here

ETA: I replied to your post over there.
    Last edited by TXBK; 08-12-2017 at 11:50 AM.

User Tag List