Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Occupy Ellijay

Occupy Ellijay

My wife and I are here for the Rogers class this week. Landed in North Georgia, turned my phone on, and immediately received a text from YVK as to a small point about his new unobtanium AIWB. Drove over to East Ellijay, and March here looks like Alaska the last week of July -- T shirt weather. With this year's lack of winter, the PF May class may go through a lot of cold water and ice.

First stop was Starbucks, where a patron stood up, walked by us, without realizing his shirt has ridden up halfway exposing his holster. I suggested that he pull his shirt down, which he immediately did. When the couple next to us exited, they looked at us, laughed, and said "this is what we do in North Georgia."

Next activity, go for a hike, and then the Sunday evening Bill Rogers lecture. I am running a M&P 9 FS with RMR, and expect the Rogers Schol drill to provide meaningful comparison data, since I ran a 9 Pro last time through. My wife is shooting a G34.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Having spent my formative years in that area, I would like to say that the thread title caused me to laugh loud enough to scare the cats.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Guess it's my day for videos...

Tam, me too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

Soon you will be defending the Ellijay Gap from invading hordes of undesirables, aka Blast 5 at the end of the day.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

A visit to Ellijay proper on weekends these days is more likely to include the sights of BMWs and assorted yuppie SUVs than locals playing a banjer. It seems like half of Atlanta is up there. Now venture a half dozen miles up the road, that's a whole 'nother story!
    GeorgiaCarry.Org Life Member
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Off to the Sunday lecture, after nearly ending up in the slammer. The area we chose to hike, as of Jan 2012 now requires a GORP (Georgia Outdoor Resources Pass) and to make matters worse, all dogs need to be leashed. We assumed there must be a carve out for Alaskans with bird dogs, or at least Vizsla bird dogs, since everyone knows you can't tire out a Vizsla on a leash, and a bored Vizsla is not something any sensible person encourages. Our luck to run into a Georgia Fur and Feathers guy, without our Gorp and with our Vizsla, but fortunately he knew Kyle and Adam, two of Bill's instructors, and we just received a warning.

Yelp note, our fav restaraunt, Charlie's, is closed on Sundays, (along with Chik-Fil-A), and there apparently is no beer or wine at dinner places in county on Sunday, until after the upcoming vote.

Hit up Jolly Roger for fresh seafood (believe it or not) late in the week. They are open only about 3-4 days a week.
    GeorgiaCarry.Org Life Member
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GooberTim View Post
    A visit to Ellijay proper on weekends these days is more likely to include the sights of BMWs and assorted yuppie SUVs than locals playing a banjer. It seems like half of Atlanta is up there.
    Twenty years ago that was me. And it was a Porsche 924S, not a Bimmer.

(And I note you're posting from May-retta, which is hardly the sticks, depending on which side of the 120 Loop from which you're posting: The part that calls it "The Big Chicken" or the part that calls it "le poulet gran". )
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Twenty years ago that was me. And it was a Porsche 924S, not a Bimmer.
    The fact you know they're Bimmers makes me want to buy you a seafood dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    apparently is no beer or wine at dinner places in county on Sunday, until after the upcoming vote.
    I usually didn't have time for dinner on the town on Sunday so didn't realize this was the case. Went into the Applebee's once and LMAO when she told me that. Twenty years in this state and it still surprises me at times.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

User Tag List