Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I really want to try one along side a 9mm commander

Name:  IMG_5408.jpg
Views: 3127
Size:  103.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5409.jpg
Views: 6017
Size:  104.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  FullSizeRender 3.jpg
Views: 4350
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views: 2337
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 2694
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  IMG_5413.jpg
Views: 3199
Size:  81.3 KB

Wow..that matches the 19 almost par for par.

I understand their marketing, but I hope it does so well they bring it out G17 or BHP size.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Just back from the range. If you don't want the details, here is the cliff notes version. If you desire a 1911 style pistol, with polymer service pistol capacity, specifically designed around the 9mm cartridge, this is the pistol. Longer version follows below.

My wife and I put about 200 rounds of 115 PMC ball, 147 Lawman and our 124 flat point Berry's reloads through the X9 in our first range session with it, this morning. There were no stoppages or issues. The gun shot POA/POI. I fired one group at 20 yards, with our Berry's reloads, and it was all five shots into about two inches. The trigger was excellent. Controls worked properly. The pistol felt high quality. There were no sharp edges. Thumb safety tension was just right. The grip was just big enough for my XL glove sized hands. Recoil was modest.

I have not shot a 1911 much in recent years, so I spent a few rounds just drawing and getting a reliable grip. With that accomplished, I ran two of the Gabe White tests, 2 to the body/1 to the head (turbo time 1.7 from open) and 2 to the head (turbo time 2.0 from open). I was consistently in the 1.50's for the 2/1 drill and in the 1.50-1.60 range for the 2 to the head drill. My draw was a little slow at 1.00-1.05, for a first round hit to the lower A, but I suspect that would improve with time. (As a reference, I later did five draws in a row to a hit to the A zone at 7 yards, with my 17 MOS/DP Pro out of a BT range holster in .77-.81, so I think I would only get faster with the X9).

My wife is left handed and has little 1911 experience. Since this pistol only had a strong side thumb safety, she started with the pistol in her hands, safety off. The gun also hit POA/POI for her. She liked the trigger, the feel and said she looked forward to shooting it again.

There were absolutely no surprises -- it did everything Bill Wilson said it would do.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There were no stoppages or issues. The gun shot POA/POI. The trigger was excellent. Controls worked properly. The pistol felt high quality. There were no sharp edges. Thumb safety tension was just right. The grip was just big enough for my XL glove sized hands. Recoil was modest.

There were absolutely no surprises -- it did everything Bill Wilson said it would do.
    So, otherwise, you're thinking it's passably workable?

Site Supporter
    Any chance of getting photos against the G19 with mags in both? Specifically height
    Last edited by jeep45238; 03-15-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Any chance of getting photos against the G19 with mags in both? Specifically height
    😀

Name:  IMG_1653.jpg
Views: 1963
Size:  87.6 KB

Too much of a good thing...

User Tag List