Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Here you go VP9 fans - new models

Don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but nothing about this news is positive to me. I guess the VP9L is, but otherwise, all bad news.

VP9sk option is fine, but what we need is a G19-sized option. That is the sweet spot for many people and HK hasn't served it since the P2000/HK45c. The presence of the SK implies to me that a 5" height pistol is not forthcoming.

I'm also dismayed that HK is offering a push-button option now. One of the strong points for the VP9 for me was that HK was sticking with the paddle; no risk of it being marginalized like is happening at Walther. Now that there is an option, I predict there won't be any paddles in HK's new lineup ten years from now (they'll still be selling the USP no doubt though). I don't mind the button, but if given a choice the paddle is objectively superior in my mind. Does anyone know if the magazines will change between the paddle and button?

And yeah, some people mentioned the lack of a Gadget/SCD. I wasn't expecting HK to suddenly add this, but the lack of that is why I can't ever take a non-Glock seriously as a striker-fired carry option (my PPS is holding strong though). It continues to baffle me that every company doesn't add something that does this, particularly if the gun is not a fully-cocked design.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    Definitely agree that paddles reduce the instances of unseated magazines in duty holsters.
    I am, like, a complete newcomer, but as a lefty, twice finding unseated magazines on my EDC Walther PPS M2 was mildly disturbing. Which was one of the contributing factors I sold it for a P30SK LEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Maybe I don't want an HK that much... [emoji6]
    Unpossible.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Breaking news! HK may not actually hate you!?
    No SCD, so yes, they still hate us.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Can you ride the safety comfortably like say a 1911... or is its placement not optimal?
    Not really for my hands. Safety size and shape conducive for that for me.

I
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Holy sh*t...YES! Where can I buy the SK?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No SCD, so yes, they still hate us.
    HK made the 90 series exclusively for the US market. Everyone else either could buy select fire models or couldn't buy semi autos at all. In 1989 we banned their entire line of rifles.

HK then made ban compliant firearms, the HK911, SR9, SR9T, SR9TC, etc. The US government simply added them to the ban list and they became non importable.

HK then focused on handguns because that seemed to be all they could bring to the US without difficulty and the USP series was actually pretty revolutionary.

HK recognizing demand for HK long arms produced TWO rifles that complied with US import restrictions, the SLR 8 and the USC. US gun buyers criticized them for being "neutered" and largely ignored them and HK lost a boatload of money in R&D for a US importable rifle and unrealized sales. Both rifles would be discontinued, despite being "importable."

HK then produced a rifle capable of accepting high capacity magazines and with features like adjustable stocks, they introduced the MR556 and MR762. Because if German export laws and US import laws things like "target barrels" were required which meant the MR556 was not an exact semi auto copy of the 416. Again the US gun market mostly ignored the MR556 costing HK to again lose R&D costs and unrealized sales.

I'm actually amazed HK is still trying to sell us anything. If most of the "HK sucks and they hate you" guys actually owned the company, they'd probably tell the US gun buyer to FO and call them when they have their stupid import laws sorted out.

And yes, they could make a LOT of stuff here, just like FN does. But how close did we come to President Hillary Clinton? Can we really blame a foreign firearms manufacturer for not wanting to gamble on the reinstatement of the Clinton Ban Part II which would negate any domestic production of anything that wasn't severely neutered?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post

HK then produced a rifle capable of accepting high capacity magazines and with features like adjustable stocks, they introduced the MR556 and MR762. Because if German export laws and US import laws things like "target barrels" were required which meant the MR556 was not an exact semi auto copy of the 416. Again the US gun market mostly ignored the MR556 costing HK to again lose R&D costs and unrealized sales.

I'm actually amazed HK is still trying to sell us anything. If most of the "HK sucks and they hate you" guys actually owned the company, they'd probably tell the US gun buyer to FO and call them when they have their stupid import laws sorted out.

And yes, they could make a LOT of stuff here, just like FN does. But how close did we come to President Hillary Clinton? Can we really blame a foreign firearms manufacturer for not wanting to gamble on the reinstatement of the Clinton Ban Part II which would negate any domestic production of anything that wasn't severely neutered?
    Not to get too far off the original topic but how much of the sales problems was due to HKs pricing compared to similar models from competitors? And how come Glock Sig FN and other foreign makers have built companies here in the US when risk was similar and long before the Hillary problem?

I bought a Sig 516 and looked at the similar HK 416 clones and the price was hundreds of dollars higher for the HK and other than the name not much to support the price increase.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Not to get too far off the original topic but how much of the sales problems was due to HKs pricing compared to similar models from competitors? And how come Glock Sig FN and other foreign makers have built companies here in the US when risk was similar and long before the Hillary problem?

I bought a Sig 516 and looked at the similar HK 416 clones and the price was hundreds of dollars higher for the HK and other than the name not much to support the price increase.
    Sig QC is nothing to write home about. Again and again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ce-faulty.html

Notice that there is no Apex sear for a better trigger for the VP9, nor any Apex replacement extractors for HK pistols to prevent you from getting brass in your face?

Good but what about answering why they haven't built any US factories when others have? You also can buy a lot of fancy extractors for your Glock with the price difference IF you have the problem. You also could argue that the armorer school and gun complexity makes it easy enough for regular guys to do with nothing more than a single punch.

User Tag List