Page 152 of 434 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 4337

Thread: The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Oh yeah, what's the deal with those Beretta cup holder thing? Is that to hold pins and such?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Officially, I think it's too keep the flat plastic box from being crushed around the pistol, but unofficially is the subject of much internet lore.
    Last edited by DallasBronco; 02-07-2017 at 11:20 PM.

I picked up my mod 2 today and I love it. Thanks to Mr Langdon and Robar for getting all this done. I picked it up too late to go try today but am really looking forward to shooting it. This is my first customized gun and I may be spoiled.
    As a point of feedback, I never heard anything after Angela requested my FFL info and after several days just called the dealer to see if it had arrived. I don't intend this as a gripe; I only want to offer some points that could be improved upon for the next joint venture.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    I picked up my mod 2 today and I love it. Thanks to Mr Langdon and Robar for getting all this done. I picked it up too late to go try today but am really looking forward to shooting it. This is my first customized gun and I may be spoiled.
    As a point of feedback, I never heard anything after Angela requested my FFL info and after several days just called the dealer to see if it had arrived. I don't intend this as a gripe; I only want to offer some points that could be improved upon for the next joint venture.
    Yeah, I upgraded mine to a Mod 1 about a month ago, which took several calls and emails. It was confirmed. And then when I'm invoiced a few weeks ago, it was for a Mod 1. That took a few calls and emails and they confirmed that they would look at it, confirm that it was supposed to be for a mod 2, and ship it within the next few days. It never shipped. I called again last week and they said it would ship the next day... never shipped. I waited several days and then I got an email that said it would go out last Friday or early this week. If it doesn't arrive by the end of the week, I'll be kind of irritated. I'm very patient and I have enough going on that I'm not dying to get it, but I'm just kind of worried that it won't ever get out and it will have slipped through the cracks.

I'm very happy to see that everyone is loving them! Hopefully this will be a continued venture. I got tired of waiting for my brig tac and cancelled that order. That money went towards a duty shotgun. This should fit a CC role quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbotm2 View Post
    With the small blackstrap- I put the left grip one by itself (cut it from the rest)

Cut the back off completely ( may add it later) then applied the right grip with the front trimmed down so it wouldn't over lap. I was originally planning on just using the left talon grip and using skateboard tape on the right (the side not touching my body)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Typically, Talons do overwrap... at least mine for the Glocks and my Shield do. I'll have to take a look at mine when I receive it to see.

And the cup holder? That's like asking "What do woman want?" or "what is the meaning of life?" ... Haha. There are years of discussions on other forums about it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPedersen View Post
    \ As others have mentioned , they seem to have a "6 o'clock" hold re: poa / poi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have heard this about the POI from a few people now. The sights were set with the point of impact to be about an inch high from the top of the front sight at 25yards. These sights were not zeroed for shooting under the dot. But that said if they are hitting high for you, they are hitting high for you. I set up three different compacts with these sights to check the POI, so there could be some variation. I have learned over the years that if anything most people hit low with Berettas, so I did set them up to be a bit on the high side.

The rear sight on that gun is .305" tall. Ameriglo is making a .290" and a .320" rear. So you should be able to addjust the POI down with a .290" rear and get it where you want it to hit.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I have heard this about the POI from a few people now. The sights were set with the point of impact to be about an inch high from the top of the front sight at 25yards. These sights were not zeroed for shooting under the dot. But that said if they are hitting high for you, they are hitting high for you. I set up three different compacts with these sights to check the POI, so there could be some variation. I have learned over the years that if anything most people hit low with Berettas, so I did set them up to be a bit on the high side.

The rear sight on that gun is .305" tall. Ameriglo is making a .290" and a .320" rear. So you should be able to addjust the POI down with a .290" rear and get it where you want it to hit.
    So if one wants more of a "drive the dot" sight picture, would you recommend a .290 rear sight?
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    So if one wants more of a "drive the dot" sight picture, would you recommend a .290 rear sight?
    Yes, more than likely that is what you will want.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

[QUOTE=JPedersen;561274
    Next question : has anyone done these talons before ? I have the medium back strap on and the grips still are not cut to match ... over lapping... should I trim? What's the process look like ? ( I read the instructions already.) Any advice?[/QUOTE]

According to the instructions with the grips, you're supposed to tuck the extra under the left side panel. Don't forget the hair dryer part, very important!
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Site Supporter

Interesting. Thanks for the input. I plan to get some more rounds through it--see if I can dial in the hold--but I might consider that change.

According to the instructions with the grips, you're supposed to tuck the extra under the left side panel. Don't forget the hair dryer part, very important!
    I tucked the excess material under the panel per the instructions here are some pictures with the excess tucked rather than trimmed.

Name:  IMG_1933.jpg
Views: 1090
Size:  90.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_1932.jpg
Views: 1058
Size:  75.0 KB

Its hard to see, but where the material is tucked under its raised just a bit. I didn't notice it while shooting and it doesn't affect my grip in any way.

When installing the grips, until you heat them the grips are "tacky" instead of really sticky. If you don't like the placement before you apply heat you can pull them off and reapply until you get it right. Take your time getting the left side panel correct and the rest falls into place as you wrap around. I used the Mag release button, the cutout for the beretta logo, and the bottom of the grip as points of reference to line up while placing the left side panel. Once you are happy with the placement apply heat with a blow dryer to lock them into place. The material will tighten up around the texture on the front of the grip once you apply the heat.

These are my first Talon grips and I really like them, they help maintain a positive grip and feel comfortable with a tight grip.

User Tag List