Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 RX Torture Test

Sig 320 RX Torture Test

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    So thats the whole reason? Because the 320c is slightly larger? Does the gadget play a role in the switch?
    Size for sure. Carryability is a big factor. If I can't carry without printing, that's a deal breaker. With a 32" waist, a G17 or p320c is a challenge.

No gadget but I may try one sometime.

I have invested a lot in the Glock platform--holsters, mags, a ton of spare parts, and multiple guns. To me Glock is a standard--the AR-15 of handguns, so I'm glad to have gone back to carrying them.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-04-2017 at 08:02 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

No matter how many want to break up with Glock the pistol, or Glock the company, they never end up leaving.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I got to play with and dry fire one. I was impressed... not ready to buy one yet. But, if that is our new issues pistol, I may have to break down and buy this. Maybe. So far, the 320 is the only thing that has made me want to leave Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Size for sure. Carryability is a big factor. If I can't carry without printing, that's a deal breaker. With a 32" waist, a G17 or p320c is a challenge.

No gadget but I may try one sometime.

I have invested a lot in the Glock platform--holsters, mags, a ton of spare parts, and multiple guns. To me Glock is a standard--the AR-15 of handguns, so I'm glad to have gone back to carrying them.
    OK Thanks for the answer. I always followed your post since I knew you were an avid shooter and carrying the 320 It's good to know the reason why you switched. I am glad its not because of mechanical reasons.

I am assuming by size you mean the length of the grip?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Looking through my RMR earlier without my glasses/contacts (I am near sighted, -3.75/.4.25) the dot was still usable for me, although it looked 20 moa or bigger in the splatter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Anytime, dude. Glad to help. Yes, the difference is primarily the apparent length of the grip, plus a bit of thickness as well. It's subtle. If I use an untucked button-down shirt, it's no problem to carry the 320c. But, I can conceal a G19 under a trim t-shirt. (All AIWB in a JMCK with a pillow-wedge). Advantage G19. There's no mechanical reason with respect to reliability for me to choose a Glock over the Sig. My p320s, and a bunch more owned by friends all work flawlessly. I've also found the 320 easier for beginning shooters to shoot and manipulate.

Hard to go wrong with either...

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    OK Thanks for the answer. I always followed your post since I knew you were an avid shooter and carrying the 320 It's good to know the reason why you switched. I am glad its not because of mechanical reasons.

I am assuming by size you mean the length of the grip?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Anytime, dude. Glad to help. Yes, the difference is primarily the apparent length of the grip, plus a bit of thickness as well. It's subtle. If I use an untucked button-down shirt, it's no problem to carry the 320c. But, I can conceal a G19 under a trim t-shirt. (All AIWB in a JMCK with a pillow-wedge). Advantage G19. There's no mechanical reason with respect to reliability for me to choose a Glock over the Sig. My p320s, and a bunch more owned by friends all work flawlessly. I've also found the 320 easier for beginning shooters to shoot and manipulate.

Hard to go wrong with either...
    My shooting experience of the 320 was good.

My carry experience was almost identical to yours. Just a bit too chunky.

Combining the chunkiness with the fact I did not feel that the 320 gave me measurably more than the PPQ or VP9 that already lived in the safe, I let the 320 go. Now, if the 320 used classic SIG mags, I may have been able to overlook that one flaw.

<----Former Team SIG guy who got an RX slide through that connection

So I have a Romeo1 in my possession that looks almost identical to the one pictured in the article, and for the same reasons.
    With mine (and it sounds like the author's) the Romeo1 is actually still functioning perfectly; however, it was cracked by jamming the optic multiple times against a table to manipulate the slide.
    The back store on that is that I loaned my personal RX to Primary & Secondary to do a review. As part of that they apparently wanted to see how rugged it was so they started doing the table thing and later noticed the results.
    They discovered that the lens protrudes very slightly from the front of the housing so direct repeated whacking is not the best idea. SIG was contacted; however, they were already working to address the vulnerability and they have a redesign that should be rolling into production early this year.
    Now for the good news, the damage did not affect the function of the sight. Other than the crack, the Romeo1 performed flawlessly for the tests P&S put it through, and once they returned it to me I ran another 3,000 rounds through it shooting practice and competition and the dot has never failed. It also did all of this over several months using the original battery without me every turning the unit off (it auto sleeps). Since my formal relationship with SIG isn't extending into 2017, I did contact the optics guys to get a replacement Romeo1 but I still have the old one and it still works just fine.
    So, bottom line is that so far it has been a very durable optic but using for one-handed manipulations against a table is not recommended until the models with the enhanced hood roll out.
    The type of damage given; however, is covered under SIG's infinite guarantee. I contacted SIG and they sent me a shipping label for the slide. About 10 days later my RX slide was returned with a new optic and there was no charge.
    Currently I like it enough on the full size that I am on the waitlist for the Compact version. I plan to have that replace my current P320C that I use for EDC. I am also using the full size RX for Carry Optics for about the first half of the year or until the P320X5 finally ships.

Regarding the RX units already in the hands of other SIG shooters, I am very active in a few P320 groups so I have been watching reports. Failures are almost unheard of so far.
    The biggest issues have been the battery cover. The Romeo1 ships with a tool with a plastic blade that isn't strong enough to torque down the battery cover properly. That means that after some numbers of rounds firing the dot will blink or shut off altogether. The fix is easy: after tightening with the supplied tool, get a real screwdriver and give it another quarter turn. SIG Optics specs the toque out at between 5 and 10inch/lb. Once properly tightened the dot stays on and cover isn't loosening in recoil.
    The battery life has been good. I haven't seen reports of replacing the battery yet and I don't have a good figure either since my batteries haven't died. That would be different if the gun was kept in constant motion so we will have to wait for more reports from duty use to see how long it lasts when kept awake.

Alma,

That is all excellent news to my ears. Even if the 320 wasn't my cuppa, I've been hoping that the Romeo will do well.

User Tag List